I have to get this off my chest..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ToddTheTitan, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

keep on posting guys..you have a long ways to go to reach the everything Young thread :deadhorse:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I mean Kerry Collins was a drunk. Probably was loaded when he took the field.

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Wow. The 1950's called and suggested you read this, for starters:

"There are many misconceptions about alcoholism. It was classified as an illness by the AMA (American Medical Association) in 1956. In 1991, it found a place in both the psychiatric and medical sections of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD); the classification used to code and classify mortality data from death certificates."

http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/recovery/featured-home/breaking-myths-about-alcoholism.php

For someone who started this thread in the first place, you sure seem to have just displayed the very behavior you claim to find offensive.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Then you're flat out wrong.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

You have to choose to drink alcohol. If you choose to drink alcohol too often, and become addicted to it, then you have nothing to blame but YOURSELF. YOU created the "illness" with your own poor choices. Get how it's different than a nervous twitch now? Unbelievable.

6. Bonky

You are dismissing a DISEASE. I'm not an alcoholic, nor are any of my family or friends. However, I find it incredibly hypocritical for you to start a thread whining about a silly EMOTICON. You portray others as being "savages" and yourself as "Mr. Sensitive", and make light of a legitimate medical condition, alcoholism.

My take: You feel it's okay for you to discount some else's problems as long as it suits your agenda. Stop the drama over a silly emoticon and get over it already.

Would CJ approve of your message? Let's ask him:

:cj:

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I hate long threads. it all turns to quotes.

8. Bonky

Fair enough. I've kept out of it until now because it's silly. I think I'll stay out from here on in.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Would I want it? No.

Would I understand that such things are the price you pay for the privelege of getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, and act accordingly? Yeah.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

:beerbang::drunk:

Insensitive Kerry Collins emoticons...

And this one is racist, as it clearly is making fun of Mike Vick.

:deadhorse:

And this one mocks the mentally ill...

:hang:

We should make Jeff remove all the emoticons. Or we could be grown up males for Christ's sake, and grow a pair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar