Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

I have to get this off my chest..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ToddTheTitan, Aug 19, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
    keep on posting guys..you have a long ways to go to reach the everything Young thread :deadhorse:
    GoT high fives this.
  2. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    I mean Kerry Collins was a drunk. Probably was loaded when he took the field.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Bonky Starter

Moolah:
    $147
    Wow. The 1950's called and suggested you read this, for starters:

"There are many misconceptions about alcoholism. It was classified as an illness by the AMA (American Medical Association) in 1956. In 1991, it found a place in both the psychiatric and medical sections of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD); the classification used to code and classify mortality data from death certificates."

http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/recovery/featured-home/breaking-myths-about-alcoholism.php

For someone who started this thread in the first place, you sure seem to have just displayed the very behavior you claim to find offensive.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  3. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Then you're flat out wrong.
  4. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    You have to choose to drink alcohol. If you choose to drink alcohol too often, and become addicted to it, then you have nothing to blame but YOURSELF. YOU created the "illness" with your own poor choices. Get how it's different than a nervous twitch now? Unbelievable.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Bonky Starter

Moolah:
    $147

You are dismissing a DISEASE. I'm not an alcoholic, nor are any of my family or friends. However, I find it incredibly hypocritical for you to start a thread whining about a silly EMOTICON. You portray others as being "savages" and yourself as "Mr. Sensitive", and make light of a legitimate medical condition, alcoholism.

My take: You feel it's okay for you to discount some else's problems as long as it suits your agenda. Stop the drama over a silly emoticon and get over it already.

Would CJ approve of your message? Let's ask him:

:cj:
    Ewker, Alex1939 and GoT high five this.
  5. DownSouthPlayer Starter

Moolah:
    $6,456
    I hate long threads. it all turns to quotes.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Bonky Starter

Moolah:
    $147
    Fair enough. I've kept out of it until now because it's silly. I think I'll stay out from here on in.
  6. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $300
    Would I want it? No.

Would I understand that such things are the price you pay for the privelege of getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, and act accordingly? Yeah.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  7. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $300
    :beerbang::drunk:

Insensitive Kerry Collins emoticons...

And this one is racist, as it clearly is making fun of Mike Vick.

:deadhorse:

And this one mocks the mentally ill...

:hang:

We should make Jeff remove all the emoticons. Or we could be grown up males for Christ's sake, and grow a pair.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.