Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

I have sense come to hate the NBA but....

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by GoT, Jan 21, 2014.

• Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,664
    http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Art...look-at-the-1986-87-fleer-basketball-card-set

I have this set.

Back in the day me and my brother went into a 'card shop' - right way back in the day LOL - and this was not a shop I normally went to, just happened to be convenient. Anyways probably spring of 94. I had my duplicate Jordan rookie card in one of those small 1 card plastic cases. I went to the guy and showed him what I had and that I was looking to sell. He offered me $150, book price was $250 at the time. I took the offer and said thanks and he said thanks. Whole transaction took 30 seconds.

I told my brother he probably had that card sold before we made it back to the truck.

Having said the above it just drives home the point that only the 'rare' cards are worth messing with. If you just have to have a Rocky Boiman rookie just wait a couple of years and get it for as close to nothing as is possible.
  1. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $89
    I've really been wanting to get into this. I have quite a few Titan cards from 08 and I have the starting lineup plus some of the Packers when they lost to the Broncos in the Super Bowl.
    • Tip Jar Donor

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $133
    I remember this set and of course that Jordan Rookie. I was REALLY big into collecting Baseball and Football cards in '89 through '95. I had a few Basketball cards. Mainly just Shaq cards. Looking back now, I really wish I had made it a point to get my hands on a Jordan Rookie back then. Would have been WAY better investment over collecting all those Bo Jackson, Ken Griffey Jr, and Frank Thomas cards LOL.
    J Falk and GoT high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,664
    collect what you like and dont worry about what it is worth.

that way you will be happy with your collection even if it is worthless

YMMV
    NewHorizans high fives this.
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $89
    I have a Barry Sanders card.....but I doubt its worth anything.
    • Tip Jar Donor

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $133
    Well, I am waiting to get my Dad's collection. While I was wasting money on long gone Baseball players. My Dad was buying key Rookie Cards. He has Joe Montana, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, John Elway, and Steve Young. He might have Dan Marino too. But I can't remember
  3. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    I remember I had a badass penny Hardaway card that was worth 150 at one point. Probably the most valuable card I ever owned. And then he broke every bone in his body. Needless to say, I'd be lucky to get 5 bucks for it now.
  4. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    Jake locker rookie cards for sale folks! I gotchu.