I have hope in the future.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWarrior10, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Lack of focus with a playoff spot on-the-line is all about professionalism. Like Munch said, "Be a pro".

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good points. On one hand the team may have exceeded some expectations and might still end up with a winning record. But we all know there are areas the team could have been much better. The interior of the OL has been piss poor all season and nothing has been done about it. When they can't even run a safe dive play at the one yard line and easily get the ball carrier out of the endzone you know something is basically wrong. That was the Colts. Not the Steelers.

Penalties have been a thorn in our side all year. Sure, it is hard to avoid some penalties but this team hasn't shown discipline at all. Guys jumping off side in key situations is a classic example of how ridiculous it has been at times.

I really understand Munch isn't exactly Mike Ditka in his temperament but does he have to be a veg? My goodness show some emotion. Get pissed if the situation calls for it. Get in some players faces if necessary. Especially do whatever it takes to get the OL fired up. The team lacks intensity.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think this is a legitimate reason to be critical of Munch.

Notice the same teams in the NFL seem to lead the league in penalties? I agree this is an area the entire coaching staff should be held accountable.

Here's where I part ways with you. I don't see public displays of emotion as any indication of his passion for the game. He may be among those who think clearer when they can keep an even keel.

And we've seen the Titans play with intensity at various times this season. The issue is it isn't consistent which points to the coaching staff. Remember, Munch was the OL coach the season CJ ran for 2k. He knows how to push these guys buttons. I just don't think they are responding because of a lack of ability and he's not willing to change personnel to see if it generates results.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Two things: First, you are excited about Kenny Britt, but recognize Morgan rushed himself back from the same injury.....?

Second, why do you prefer Verner to McCourty? One has NFL speed, the other doesn't, and one is having an All_Pro season....

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Verner does seem to make plays tho. He was Definately a good pick up as a 4th rounder.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I also want Hope gone, but if we do let Hope gone, then I don't think we have the ability to let Griff walk as well.

7. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

I am willing to give munch a chance because of the lack of a true offseason. One can watch the tape and see who was responsible for bad play.He needs players that fit the new system and get rid of non preformers.Motovation should come from within for most players.I am not a fan of watching very well paid athletes give half-@ss efforts. Does CJ really DESERVE to be a focal point of the offense? Griffen couldnt find the ball in the air. I thought he just didn't want to have to tackle big backs?

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well he might bruise a knuckle attacking a ball in the air.

Gotta stay healthy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar