I have hope in the future.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWarrior10, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Can't actually believe I'm typing this... But I'd keep Hawkins around. :gag:

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Xpmar9x I agree with all the resigns/cuts except Hawkins. He has stepped it up quite nicely these past few weeks. But only resign him if its for bare minimum

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Honestly, I don't care that the Titans are .500. I didn't think we'd be much better than that entering the season. It's that a team which is on the rise does not have the games the Titans have had (Jax, Texans, Falcons, Colts) where they come out and look like they're totally lost.

If it happens once, you chalk it up to a bad day. When it happens a second time, you have to begin examining personnel, philosophy and coaching. Now, after four games, Munch must be willing to make changes if he wants to see the Titans rise to the next level.

Munch was as critical of the OL yesterday as he has been all season. Guess what? If he doesn't make a change, it's just words.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

oh crap I forgot how bad they looked against Atlanta. Its already been 5 horrid games, you left out the arse whupping in pizzburg

5. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I was using .500 as a succinct way of saying average across the board, not necessarily just the W/L record. It just looked better.

This is what the franchise needs. A doer. Someone who can accept that something isn't working as it should and change it.

This notion of 'it'll work itself out' doesn't just make him look stubborn, he looks incompetent.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I want to keep Hawkins too, was going to leave a note about that, but forgot. As you guys said, he's stepped up nicely. But, I have a feeling he'll leave for a better oppurtunity. He's a 4th WR next year here at best, could possibly go somewhere else for same money and get more playing time.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Wycheck just went off about the lack of professionalism of the Titans players

8. amy

amy Starter

"He is a Fisher disciple, even if he doesn't know it or think it."

You hit the nail on the head. He was with the team for so long, he simply absorbed the mantra, without ever thinking about it. And it's obvious, at least to me, that he won't think outside the box that Fisher built. The going for it on 4th down and other things like that is minor stuff. The basic Fisher formula is still there. And I suppose it should be, for if he didn't believe in it, it would have been hell to work in for as long as he has. So realistically, I see nothing changing much at all. It's really sad and in this case, annoying as hell, when people can't live and work in the present instead of the past.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yup. Wycheck nailed it this morning. He brought up Finnegan's comments where he discussed his own future instead of saying that he's focused on beating the Colts, making the playoffs and will deal with his contract at the end of the season.

Finnegan claims to be a leader. Leaders keep the team focused. If Finnegan is thinking about his future, it may mean the entire team isn't as focused as they should be. Guess what? Yesterday's game reflects that.

If this team isn't focused, a lot of that is on the coaching staff. They are not where they need to be mentally.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

thank you for understanding my paraphrasing.

Wycheck never said the word professionalism

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar