i have flat out given up!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kimberly, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

How can you really comment on our GM or the front office? We have increased our wins over the last couple seasons and done it at a fairly cheap price. Not only that we have had busts like Young as our highest draft pick and weathered it like a team moving to a championship. This team has a history of picking up FA WR that amount to nothing. Though Holt seems like he might be a nice addition I would rather trust the GM that has taken us to the best record in the AFC last season then jump on an aging WR and watch him do nothing for us as we pay him a big contract.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's going to be an endzone target with his vertical ability. I always mix names up. :(

3. Deuce Wayne

Alright, let me put it to you like this-

Say I'm a huge fan of this BMW M3 that's for sale. Ok? Now I've been driving a Chevy Cavalier for 10 years. Nothing fancy, just an average car because I don't like to spend a lot of money on a car. As long as it gets me from point A to point B, it's good enough. That's how I think. It's how I've been for 10 years.

Uh oh...but there's a Nissan Altima that's a bit used, but an upgrade over my car. And I can get it at a pretty cheap price. It's no M3, but it's a solid car that's faster, more reliable, and better than the one I have.

I buy it. Everyone is pretty surprised that I bought a 2003 Altima, because it's just out of character for me. I still keep my Cavalier just in case.

I still want that BMW M3, of course... but do you think I'm going to get it?

I might even go to the dealership and test drive it. I might make an offer. I might even offer to trade my old Cavalier for it. But offering the price slightly above what my Altima costs is only going to make the dealer laugh me off the lot. Twice if I decide to come back.
    I'll drive by the dealership and look at that M3 every day... but I'm not going to pay the 53k I'd have to in order to drive it home.
    It's just not me. It's not who I am.

....I hope this analogy makes sense. The Titans might want Holt. But they are NEVER going to give him the money he wants. If you don't know this, you don't know who the Titans are. They want to get from Point A to point B. That M3 is sitting in the lot waiting on someone else.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

you could have used a smaller/shorter analogy to get to the point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

And you could have not posted at all. :) Choices, choices...

6. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Personally I liked the car analogy. A lot of people use some dumb analogies that make 0 sense but that one actually fit lol

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Sorry, I don't like the analogy only because I don't normally drive 2 cars at the same time...let alone 3 or 4...

I find it interesting that the Titans have made a few attempts to get Holt...even once AFTER they got Nate. What does that tell you?

It tells me they don't think that much of Hawkins, they are 50/50 on taking a WR in rnd 1, they think the combo of Holt, Gage and Wash is a WINNER!!!

Of course the Titans aren't gonna pay Holt 8+mil and him not redoing that contract may have to do with him not wanting to come here more than the money itself. We are a winning team that will get that much better with him. However, we aren't a throw first team and he'll spend a significant time run blocking and we're not gonna be the highest bidder since we'd like him...but don't NEED him.

This will come down to Holt. If he'll take less to play for a winner during the time he has left...the Titans are a very strong possibility!!! If he wants max dollars, he can go to the Bengals and 'enjoy' another few years of losing...

Gut

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Wait a minute.......M3's are chick cars. :moon2:

9. Deuce Wayne

M3 a girl car? You crazy. Absolutely crazy.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

You should've used a Viper or Corvette instead. Those are Manly cars....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar