I Have a Sneaking Suspicion That Adoree Jackson Sucks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonzerrillii23

fonzerrillii23 Starter

Coming out of Lurkerville to post probably the most absurd article that I've seen posted on Bleacher report.

NFL1000: How Jackson Can Avoid Bust Label

1. The Tennessee Titans thought they might have solved their secondary woes after they spent significant assets to add bodies in the last two offseasons. Safety Kevin Byard and corner LeShaun Sims were 2016 additions, and the 2017 offseason brought safety Johnathan Cyprien and corner Logan Ryan via free agency. Among the corners, it was their second 2017 first-round pick, Adoree' Jackson, who was supposed to be a major difference-maker with his athleticism and big-play potential.

While Byard has been excellent this season, the rest of the unit has struggled to be impactful and effective in coverage. Jackson's been a liability, having allowed 20 receptions for 193 yards, two touchdowns and four penalties in man coverage, per my own charting. Missed tackles have also been an issue, as Jackson seems to lack functional strength when facing bigger ball-carriers.

Similar to his play while at USC, Jackson is overly reliant on his pure speed to recover from mental mistakes. He struggles with his technique and often opens or closes his hips before receivers make their definitive cut. That leaves him out of position to at least force a contested catch more often than he should be as a starter. Jackson was expected to be a project, but the Titans' decision to take him at No. 18 over much more refined and similarly gifted athletes looks like a massive mistake so far.

There's reason for optimism, though, and Jackson can improve. Week 9 was his most consistent effort, as he allowed just 31 yards on four receptions and nine targets, per my charting. His balance must improve in his backpedal in an effort to mirror receiver movements, which will keep him close to his foe until the ball arrives. As he continues to study opponent's tendencies, his anticipation and route recognition can also make massive leaps.

—NFL1000 DB Scout, Ian Wharton
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743157-nfl1000-how-struggling-rookies-can-avoid-bust-label

What games has this guy been watching?? He lost me when said missed tackles by Adoree have been an issue.

• LOL LOL x 5
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

lol this guy also has christian mccaffrey on this list of "struggling rookies"... he clearly doesn't know anything. he's getting absolutely ripped apart in the comments

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Isn't 20 catches for 193 yards in about half a year pretty fantastic?

4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Marcus Peters allowed over 1,000 yards in his rookie year. You tell me if Adoree has been awful.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Considering how many times he's been targeted, yes.

6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

How many times would that be?

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Have no idea. I've watched every game multiple times (minus the Houston game. Watched it once and never again!) and he is by far our most targeted db. Which makes perfect sense because he's a rookie.

8. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

It sure wasn't him burnt on the 70 yard AJ Green TD!

9. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

You are forgiven for your sins. Now say 10 Hail Marys and buy an Adoree jersey.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

that really is the only way we let this go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar