I gotta feeling...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CricketChapman, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

That Sunday, we could witness a NE-style debacle. Something like 45-6.

And a sickening feeling that CJ may not be on this team next season, and we will start from scratch.
  2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

The worst offense in the league can score more than 6 by accident against the Texan defense.
  3. DJB

DJB Starter

I got a feeling the Titans are going to win
  4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If CJ isn't a Titan next year then we traded him and if we trade him then we probably got at least a 1st round pick out of it so we'ed be good
  5. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

I disagree that "we'ed be good" if we traded CJ for a first round pick. Who could we use in the first round that would be better CJ?

He is going to want a raise, just as he did last season. We should just pay the man.
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with you on that one. I don't see another RB around even close to as good as CJ. And to me, call me crazy, but I have to think that CJ's drop in production is directly related to the playcalling when Vince was QB.

As we all saw Sunday, when Rusty was in we ran sweeps and pitched it out several times. Funny because with Vince in, all I can remember is CJ being run up the middle.
  7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I agree 100% but all I'm saying is we are not doomed if we lose him like you believe.

Scenario for the sake of argument
    - We traded CJ for a 1st and 4th round draft pick
    - We trade a 2nd to philly for Kolb
    - We sign Mike Tolbert from free agency
    - We use our two 1st to grab a new Safty and Linebacker (which by the way are the two weakest positions on our team)
    - We would then have a new QB, a talented HB with significant less wear then CJ, and retool our struggling defense.

I personally could live with that
  8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

VY and CJ to the Vikings for AP and a first rounder.

Resign Moss to a one year deal, draft Luck with the pick or lure Kolb from Philly and draft a new stud linebacker..
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

I'd love this, but there's no way it would happen. CJ and AP are equals, you can't really say either have more value than the other, and there is no way VY is worth a first, especially after his recent actions. Randy Moss has one catch in two games, he isn't going to want to resign here, Luck? He's going first overall....We might get Locker/Mallet. Kolb seems likely though.
  10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

^^^ actually, no one even knows if Luck is even coming out. He's a redshirt Sophomore. If there is no CBA, and Stanford makes a BCS game, he may stay in school another year and go for the Heisman.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.