I got pulled over for the first time in my driving career...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Deadly car chases are rare here compared to other places I've lived. Only once in a blue moon do I even see THP on I65. In Florida it was every 5th car..

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Man that sucks. It sounds like you'll probably be stuck with having to pay for the entire amount of the ticket. I know here in Texas you can have it deferred so that it doesn't stay on your driving record but you still have to pay the entire ticket.

All I can say is be careful. It's easy to become a habitual speeder.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A $500 ticket might just be the right answer for a driving newbie who feels entitled to haul when he deems fit..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea consider this a blessing is disguise. I take my 20 tickets as just that. Who knows what my driving habits might be like if I didn't get stopped back then. I have a kid to live for, those previous tickets may have saved that little girls dads life. Who knows.. You may be the next Richard Petty, but the people around you sure aren't. That's why its bad to speed. And remember; the posted speed limit is for ideal conditions.

I find myself stuck behind slow people every day, but I'd rather arrive late than not to arrive at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If it makes you feel any better, 95 mph (or roughly 150 km/h) is a $10,000 fine where I live. They don't like speeding much up here (although I've only been busted once and the cop reduced it to a $50 fine since I was polite).

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hell, the cabs from Toronto airport to downtown go 95mph.. That's one hefty fee!

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

TN needs to invest in more Speed Cams. 840 really needs some. thats like a giant drag strip for the youngsters.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

first speed cameras should be outlawed. obviously unconstitutional. They detect the vehicle that supposedly broke the law, but it is the driver that needs to be ticketed not the vehicle. Lazy arsed coppers!

Second, unless it has changed in the last couple of years Murfreesboro does not have a traffic school. Which is a bad thing cause the polite judge just drops the hammer and sends you into the next room where they want the $$$, its always about the $$$

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Man you guys have expensive tickets. My last fine was $149 going 8 km over the limited.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

149 Dollareedoos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar