I got pulled over for the first time in my driving career...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I never go more than 5 mph over the posted speed limit, and I have 0 tickets and all my money and 0 wasted time in a driving school, no accidents, cheap insurance, don't have to deal with arsehole cops.....speeding is a stupid waste, unless there's a fire or your wife is in labor, it makes no sense....get Sirius radio and enjoy the ride...

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I got blitzed by a camera going 65 km/h in a 50 km/h zone. Costs me ~$200. Had it been 66 or above, i'd gotten a cut in the license too (and a bigger ticket).

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Welcome to the club. I've probably spent three-four thousand dollars in speeding tickets, and it's not worth it honestly. Speeding might only save you 5 mins, and the cost and time involved with the court system isn't worth it. Slow down buddy, I have. I actually bought a $500 radar detector and since then haven't had one ticket. Not because its works so well, but because I'm always conscious of my speed. If your ticket is $541, you might end up losing twice the price of the ticket or more. Here in Connecticut 85mph and above is reckless and a felony. I don't know TN driving laws, but I'm sure having a checked flag record won't help your insurance rates. We're probably close in age, and let me tell you; the courts and prosecutor come hard at us young males. Depending on what day of the week it is, and other factors, you could loose your license for 30 days or so. I don't think you need a lawyer, but he/she could get the speed reduced which lessens the money your about to lose. Reason it's such a big deal to speed is because you may zip by some old Asian lady at 95mph and scare her to swerving and killing someone. maybe you can handle the excessive speeds, but others around you may not be able to.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Most people speed in the morning on the way to work. i see a car nearly wreck everyday trying to cut in and out of traffic. leave sooner people! i had a women the other day going about 65 in a 40 mph zone. but due to a stop light i pulled in right behind her at a gas station the same time she did. All that speeding to buy a pack of gum and a water. and i actually beat her back on the road cause i used cash and she used a check. lol

do the actually math, and speeding doesnt save much time at all in most cases.

l

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Awesome. Life lessons from Jesse Stylex (and he's right)...

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If you guys have a need for speed, instead of giving your money away in fines, sign up for the Richard Petty Nascar experience the next time they're out at the Nashville superspeedway...http://www.drivepetty.com/home.aspx

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's an incredibly high amount for the ticket. I got a couple back in college, and none were that bad. I got one for doing 95 in a 70 on 65 south once, and it was only a little over $200.

That being said, I have also converted to the "it's better to just not speed" way of thinking. It's not worth it.

I will admit though, I don't consider it to be speeding if you're within 8 mph of the limit. Most cops don't consider that to be speeding either.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

whenever I am running late, I blame it on traffic and/or an accident. What's better? Lying about being held up about being in an accident... or actually being in an accident and not being able to go where you were trying to go in the first place? Most reasonable people/employers will understand.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

TN HP isn't even that hardcore about pulling over speeders - not like GA or VA anyway. That's a HUGE fine - pretty good deterrent I'd say

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Besides maybe finding yourself on the 6 o'clock news, what happens if you guys in TN run from the cops? In CT they only pursue til it becomes deadly. For instance they don't chase motorcycles or someone driving insane because they say they're the ones causing the insanity. So here if you see a cop, and your car touches 120mph+ your good. If you pass a cop doing 120 or more, they won't bother. They'll call ahead, but if no ones there then hop off the high-way and go home.

Around here there seems to be an abundance of walls kids crash into from trying to outrun the cops, so they deemed it better to back off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar