I got pulled over for the first time in my driving career...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So, I was driving on 840... heading to the Boro. I needed to be somewhere by 3. I started to realize that that was impossible unless I started speeding up. So I began to speed... I try not to hit past 80... but 840 is definitely the best place to speed. I've hit some pretty intense speeds on 840... never been pulled over. I've actually never even seen a cop on there. So... I was doing my business. I thought I was going 80 which was fine with me, but somewhere along the lines I started speeding up more and more and more... The next thing I knew I was going 95... had to slow it down, but it was too late. I got caught doing 87 in a 70. Not reckless driving, but pretty close. The ticket is $541. I have to go to court and traffic school. I'm not sure why the ticket is so damn expensive... especially because this was my first offense... first damn time I've even been pulled over in 5 years of driving.

Anyone know how this stuff works???... Like if I go to court and do traffic school, do I have to pay the entire $541 or just some? Or if I pay the $541 in it's entirety, do I have to go to court and traffic school?

I know court fee is like $100. Traffic school is pretty simple stuff, so I really don't mind. I just really don't have this kind of cash on me. I do, but I would really rather not pull out a ton of money from my savings.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

That is expensive. I got a $425 dollar ticket on 231 coming back from Lebanon to the Boro. However, half of it was because I didn't have my registration in the car, which was dismissed by the judge. I was going 72 in a 55. You go to court to keep it off your record when you agree to go to driving school. I went to court in Lebanon and had to pay the entire speeding portion of the ticket. However, one of the officers didn't show up and like 20 people got off with only a stern word from the judge. I was so pissed.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the ticket is so expensive because once you're zapped at 10+ over the speed limit the ticket is doubled for every MPH you're speeding.

going to traffic school won't change the amount of the ticket, but it will keep you from getting points on your license. traffic school is pretty much a joke. you go, watch some videos, eat some food and take a test.

don't bother going to court unless you plan to appeal the ticket. if you think you didn't deserve to get the ticket go for it, but it seems like you admit you were speeding and you weren't entrapped in any way.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have to go to court and I have to go to traffic school. No biggie really... So I will have to pay the entire $541??? That's gonna suck a big one. The money I have in my savings needs to stay there until I get out of college.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I just got my first speeding ticket as well. Last month, doing 40 in a 25(school zone). Ticket is 208, im gonna go to traffic school so i will probably be paying around 275-280.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Coming from someone that has had WAAAY too many speeding tickets (2 more and I'm done)- that is ridiculously high. Not sure why that is.

But as for driving school- If you go to driving school, the ticket price should be dropped and you'll only pay court cost (50-100$) then possibly 20 for the "school".

But it shouldn't go on your record if you attend DS and it's your first offense.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Were you pulled over by a Metro Cop? Or Highway Patrol?

8. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Whenever I am in either a 45, least I try to do is a 50 or in a 35, least I do is a 40. So next time, watch the speed. My sister had to go to traffic school once. As she found it interesting.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Holy cow! I got a ticket in Indiana a few years ago (last ticket I got, about 4 years ago, knock on wood) and he allegedly caught me doing 92 in a 70 on I-65 *however, my cruise control was set on 75 so I don't know how he clocked me going that fast*

The ticket came out to $110. I planned on taking it court... however, driving to Lake County, IN to fight the ticket was not economically smart.

If I was you, I would take it to court, let them know that the amount for the ticket is not an amount you can pay. Maybe you can do community service in lieu of paying that amount. Maybe the cop won't show up.

I have heard of a trick but I don't know if it works. If you decide to use this trick, let me know if it actually works.

Basically, as another poster said.. if a cop doesnt show up to court, the tickets get thrown out. What do you do? Find the agency the cop works for, call the dispatch and ask if the officer is on duty. Do this for a week from different phone numbers.

What will happen is, you will figure out the officers schedule. When you get your court date, most traffic tickets are all heard on one day. Call up the court, and see about getting the trial date moved to a day where the officer is off. More than likely, the officer isn't going to show up to court on his day off and viola, the ticket goes away. Don't know if this works, but if you try it, and it works, then let me know.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Ticket, Court Cost and time spent from work = alot of $.

If you dont get pulled over very often, then just mail the money in. the points will come off your record in about 5 years. BTW dont speed it's illegal. leave earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar