"I get motivated by competition," Henry said

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

Wasn't this kid a back-up his entire college career ?

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Indeed. But you should have seen what he would have done if he started.

3. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

:rotfl:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/THu7VvAquho&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/THu7VvAquho&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that was brutal.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there will never ever be another thread about chris henry without that clip.

6. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

i don't know about you, but the hit seems just as hard as it did the first time I saw it. That's usually rare that it receives the same amount of shock value from me each time though :))

All that being said, I hope he gets himself on the right track, and does very well for us for the next few years.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I still admire Henry for holding onto the ball, and getting right back up. Take the hit son, but show 'em you're not scared. Attaboy Chris.
    But it is a fairly relevant clip, because it shows how raw he is. I have never seen someone just slow up like that right before contact. I admit, running right into a hungry DT would be terrifying, but if you slow up, you've got no momentum and he's going to crush you. At least get down low or something.
    We've seen that he has some great athletic ability, he just needs to learn to play the game and see the field. The former can be taught. The latter, however... his vision and reactions are so poor now, they may never be fully overcome. We'll see.

8. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

I'm one of like 5 people who still like him and can think he can do good.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I like him and hope he does well, but drafting Chris Johnson really says something.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

his vision is a seirous problem...n i agree w/ tackhead...how can he just kinda stop...n not try to do something...ur basicalyl come to a fullstop for train...lookin at the positive...yeh i like his toughness...to get up so quick from such a hit..for real

on the other hand...ppl quick to point out how he was third string and didnt seem to hold up gainst the competition...but our first glimpses of henry were crazy...i remember his first couple of games he played in...some good highlights...either way if we had played hiim a bit more who knows what coulda happened...perhaps if he was another team...his play woulda garnered a start or two..but here...in our system...he didnt get a start...

all in all...his lack of playing time mighta been somewhat a product of jeff's 'favoring' quality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar