I don't know about you, but I'm on the Tebow wagon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I hope the Broncos beat the Cows in the playoffs. :brow:

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Umm about that... See, his own teammates even credit him for rallying the troops. No one within that teams locker room is saying it's the defense. It is Tebow, open your eyes man.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He wins. But I still won't say he's good.

I played the Broncos in a ranked game of Madden the other night. Tebow was 2/3 for 3 yards the entire game. I still lost in OT 23-20. I'm not even sure how it happened because I forced 6 fumbles. He recovered all of them. I fumble once and he recovers and returns it 86 yards for a TD. Tebow had over 90 rushing yards on me. It didn't matter what I did. I could blitz my outside linebackers; he would escape. I could run a QB Contain and put my MLB in a spy; he'd still break 4 tackles and get a first down.

I'm never playing the Broncos online again. Tebow does voodoo on teams or something.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Tim Tebow is next years Vince Young ; book it.

People will know exactly what to do next year when theres enough film and people can gameplan competently for him.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Going to show my age here....I see Tebow (on the field anyway...not off) as a modern day Billy Kilmer. Tough, good hardnosed runner (Kilmer was a RB in the pros as well early on), average to below average passer until crunch time, good team leader.

Kilmer took the Redskins to a SB, where they lost to the Dolphins during the perfect season season. He had a pretty long career in the NFL.

That said, it was a different league back then (much more emphasized on the run), so Tebow will need to drastically improve his throwing mechanics, so that when his physical skills start to decline (IMO sooner rather than later due to the pounding) he can continue to play. If this skill does not improve, he will fade out of the league inside of 3 seasons IMO.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I bet there were quite a few who had to Google "Billy Kilmer" to know what this meant. I see the comparison but remember him being a better passer. Maybe Tebow will improve in time.

:tj:

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Tebow's 4th quarter numbers this season - 111 QB rating, 61 completion percentage, 9.2 yards per attempt

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

I don't see Tebow ever being able to consistently fit passes into tight coverage windows. It seems that most of his completions are to WR's who are WIDE open as a result of his running ability/threat. Of course this isn't his fault, but history has taught us that these types of mobile QB's are typically diagnosed by NFL defenses in time and ultimately they either become better pocket passers or fail as starting QB's.

I'm not buying Tebow in the long term, though his success as of late has been fascinating to watch. If he is able to keep up with an elite QB like Brady, my opinion might be partially swayed. Yet if the Broncos find a way to beat the Pats this Sun, it will almost certainly be because of their defense, not Tebow.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He's got the same mojo that VY had, but with a better attitude. It will eventually wear off, but the Broncos need to capitalize on it while they can against their weak division.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Just like our guys used to do the same for Vince?

He's not on the field playing LB.

It's ESPN chatter... nothing more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar