I don't get the VY isn't physically tough mentality

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Joe, he couldn't throw the football. So you want him to go back out just to hand off to CJ the rest of the game?

Tirade? I've seen some QBs go off on the OC in on the sidelines after a bad series but I don't remember any of the above walking out on their teams.

So you're okay that VY walked out and has a long list of such mental immaturity throughout the last five seasons?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I think a big part of it is this fanbase being spoiled by Steve McNair. I'm not sure there will ever be another QB as tough as him.

We've been spoiled.

I'm not saying VY is typical, not at all... but no one will ever be as Steve was...

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Eh, Fisher didn't seem to have a problem last week with Collins... didn't the commentators, even, mention how his throwing ability was hampered by his finger injury?

Didn't seem to matter to Fisher then...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You have no idea how the injuries compare. Collins had played with his the previous week and Young wasn't able to move on ankle during practice the entire week.

Sure, it hampered Collins but Young didn't appear to be an option.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Funny you should say this considering that if the Moss TD wasn't called back we probably win the game. That pass was right on the money and traveled about 50 yards in the air. He also had the great pass to Washington for 52 yards. There was another pass that looked bad but Moss quit on the route and let the defender cut inside of him.

So I'd take a little issue about how crappy he really was. Sure he was off on a few passes but that was his first 10 passes in the NFL. To blatantly say he isn't the QB of the future at this point in time is ridiculous. There simply isn't enough to go on yet.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree, but VY's tirade yesterday goes well beyond mental toughness. He is not a leader, and is immature.

Adams made a mistake today, IMO, by not backing Fisher. Good news is, for the Fisher haters, that this act may push Fisher out the door at season's end.

And RollTide, I hear you on being one game out, but do you really think that we have a prayer at this point, with a rookie QB and Chris (don't touch me please) Simms behind center?

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

neither do you...so what is this thread for?

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Fine, I'm 99% sure he isn't the QB of the future...The dude sucked it up yesterday..

9. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Except that Vince is on IR.. d'oh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar