I definitely don't miss Fisher now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some idiots can't understand that a great QB is important to winning football(In any era) it has nothing to do with breaking records or throwing for lots of yardage.

Troy Aikman didn't break any record that i can think of but he just happened to be the starting QB on 3 super bowl winning teams.

John Elway played in 5 super bowls. I'm sure that is mere coincidence right? Unless you think the purpose of a coach is to break offensive records and not win games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Name one season that Fisher had great talent and failed to make the playoffs.

He was 8-8 mainly because that was the talent level he had.

And i never said he didn't have any talent. Where did i say that?

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Just as many non elite passing teams made it and won as those who had elite QBs. Some idiots just can't understand it is about your teams window and match ups.

How do you explain Pitt over Arizona? Tampa over Oakland? It is about how your team matches up against the other.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

While I do agree that having a good or great QB is probably the most important piece, winning games in the playoffs are possible without them. No one should be arguing that.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Eli
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Rapist
    Eli
    Peyton
    Rapist
    Brady
    Brady
    Brad Johnson
    Brady
    Dilfer
    Warner
    Elway
    Elway
    Favre
    Aikmen
    Young
    Aikmen
    Aikmen
    Mark Rypien
    Jeff Hostetler
    Montana
    Montana
    Doug Williams

^ Last 25 year superbowl winning QBs.

Doug Williams, Hostetler, Rypien, Dilfer, Brad Johnson. I think we would all agree those guys don't reach "elite".

Rapist I think is arguable one way or the other. So 5/25 or 7/25 Superbowl winning QBs non-elite.

So you don't have to have one, but it sure does help a lot.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

This draft reminds me a lot of some of our less succesful older drafts in the sense that we gambled on a size speed player in the 2nd round, took a player we didn't need in the first, and took backups at positions we have strong starters while ignoring positions where we NEED starters!

This will be a boom or bust draft and I'm not a big fan of those when we could have really improved our starting corp of players and filled backups later or in free agency when vets are cut and can be gotten cheap...especially as backups.

Gut

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

And both those Elis coulda been bradys...

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

And Warner could have been McNair and Big Ben could have been Warner, but they were not.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Good points tho. It just shows the better qbs are making it more often than scrubs. Not just winning it.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That is true

Lets not forget Eli was not always "elite" up until this season. Guy has had his fair amount of faults.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar