I completely forgot about Derrick Morgan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

It just occurred to me that I had completely forgotten about Derrick Morgan. Do you think he's going to have a breakout year? I saw flashes of greatness before the injury but I'm not completely sold on him yet. One thing is for sure, he'll get his chance in 2011.

Thoughts?

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Well he has talent and was the best DE prospect in the 2010 NFL draft. I think if he can stay healthy then he will be in a position to have a monster season.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's hard for me to be anything except skeptical when it comes to first round picks that get season injured in their rookie year.

Still, I was excited when we drafted him. Hopefully he's out to prove something this season. We certainly need it.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was expecting big things from Derrick Morgan this past season, then he got hurt. We only saw spurts of him this year because of constant injuries. But when we did see him, he looked great. He gives me hope for our D-Line.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Too early to tell. He missed most of training camp and the preseason which set him back. He flashed in those early games before the injury.

The good news is that the injury was early and so he should be 100% whenever the Titans get back on the field. Watterson should have him much stronger as well. The bad is that he really needed experience and he'll be basically playing his rookie season next year.

6. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

With Morgan healthy and him lined up opposite with someone like Bowers, Quinn or Clayborn we can definitely a have monster line. I'm pretty high on Cameron Heyward too, not just cause he's a Buckeye but the kid is an athletic beast and is very powerful off the line.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The problem with that is our Dline would still have issues collapsing the middle of the pocket. I think a DT (Fairley/Paea/Darius) would be a better pick then we can either resign Babin or bounce J Jones to DE. Then we can grab Haynesworth again and have the greatest Dline in NFL history!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's not a rookie at this point, even if he did miss his whole first season on the field. He's had ample amount of time to work his upper body, and learn about the NFL. Rookies don't know a lot of what he's covered while being injured. Football is football at any level. It's the mental part that young players get caught up with. Derrick Morgan is going to be good.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Technically? Of course not. But there is a big difference in experiencing three games and 16. I don't think film study can ever replace game experience.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

I think he'll be great if he can stay healthy... Man has the tools to be great and if we can get AL back our defense would be 10 times better then last year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar