I cant seeing a Rookie beating out Rusty Smith in camp.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I was going to post ugly things like Rusty is a fine example of wasted money. Instead let me just say that the gameday field is no place for coaching someone up. The venue for that is called a practice. If he can be the leader there then great. Start him. Otherwise, Rusty needs to feel blessed that he gets paid and enjoy the free meAl while he can. We need to have a veteran that can lead or draft someone who is better than Rusty (shouldn't be too hard).

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we used the field for 5 years to try and coach our last QB up. at least give rusty 12 games.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That guy also won rookie of the year and posted the highest QB rating at one point last year. What has Rusty done?

4. jessestylex

our last QB's legs won him ROTY not his passing and play calling skills. soon as teams caught on he was one dimensional it was the down fall.

Rusty doesnt have running skills, but give him time to be a real QB. 1 game isnt even worth putting on a helmet.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I didn't know Vince called the plays.

You do know that in addition to those legs that one RoY, he also can throw the ball at an top 10 level consistently right? He's not a Manning, but he's bounds ahead of Collins and Rusty.

6. jessestylex

Yeah we are getting rid of a top 10 franchise QB.:crazy:

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Stat wise the past 10 years your not far off. He's had the injury bug and sat a year to Collins but he's performed at a high level when he played. He didn't have the stats to show it early in his career but lately his stats have improved.

So to answer your question yes. A top tier QB who's only been steadily improving.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Nice diversion. You're not fooling anyone, you just want to use Rusty to get Luck. Shame on you. :moon2:

9. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Giving Rusty 12 games would he a sure fire way of being certain we got Luck. If a rookie can't beat him out then we are in serious trouble. Rusty is another in a long line of horrible late round draft picks that the titans have selected lately. He's right up there with Lavelle Hawkins.

10. turnNburn

turnNburn All American NCAAF Gamer!

Drafting Chris Ponder would do 2 things

1: Strengthen and push Rusty
    2. Strengthen and push Chris

which when combined together comes up with the following result:
    *Deeper QB Depth* (pending if we sign a vet or not)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar