I cant seeing a Rookie beating out Rusty Smith in camp.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

No QB in the draft could come in and show more than Rusty at this point. Rusty shouldnt have any problem being the starter or the 2nd Stringer if we get a VET. Rusty still has a ways to go, but he is ahead of a rookie in terms of NFL status.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

other than him coming from a small school that doesn't see a lot of complex defensive packages..
    that's why the rookies like newton, mallet, gabbert, etc. have a better chance in the future.. but as for now... Smith is the only one on our roster AND practicing with the other players

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

My point on the VY thread. Why not Rusty?

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

With the current lockout, nobody is practicing with anybody. This will hurt Smith pretty badly IMO, and will put a rookie on more equal footing here.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/tag/rusty-smith/

they're practicing in private.... the only thing he can't do is learn new plays with the coaches...
    this alone puts Smith on higher ground... for now....
    don't get me wrong, I'm just more excited for the rookie than Smith.. probably because of all the time I've invested in researching them..
    But if Smith turns out to be the next Brady or something.. more power to him!

6. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I'll say this: you have to respect the way Rusty has responded to people's outright dismissing him. No QB should get the shaft completely with just one NFL game under his belt--a game with one week's preparation against an opponent that outclassed your whole team. It doesn't look like he's taken the beating he's gotten in the press personally, and it hasn't affected his confidence much at all.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I like Rusty, and have a ton of respect for the guy, but you have ABSOLUTELY no basis for that statement. You've all seen exactly what I've seen of Rusty.

We all benefit if Rusty is a baller, trust me, but we're all speculating on Rusty. Not to say he won't be good, but to say that he WILL be good is just irrational.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You know those player organized workouts remind me of when Vince invited a bunch of wrs to texas to dance shirtless, i mean throw and catch.

I doubt much is being accomplished.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Rusty has been here one year.

So, one year of experiance cancels out the fact that you have career backup skill?

If Rusty were a 5 year vet, I tend to agree, but... no.

I would go with Vince before Rusty.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Changing OCs could help or hurt Rusty so I'm not sure which way this is going to go. On one hand he will have to learn a new system and although the terminology might be the same what they want him to do might be a little different. It could work out well if this OC is a good developer of QBs (one of his strong points) and if he fits what they are trying to do he could work out well.

It is obviously a benefit in being in the NFL for a year. He won't come in clueless and should hit the ground running. Bottom line is if he has what it takes we should know fairly quickly in the pre-season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar