I can honestly say ...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by edward nigma, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

That I am surprised by the effort the front office is putting into fixing issues (holes/ areas of concern) with our team. I feel like the Titans are making an effort to put a great product on the field and I haven't felt like this in awhile.

To the entire front office and the coaching staff, I SALUTE YOU.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The only thing that surprises me about what we're doing now is that we didn't do it sooner. Firing Jeff Fisher was so long over due.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea it's like we are actually trying, it's very refreshing lol.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Amen to that. I love how aggressive and proactive they are being.

I think Fishbag is the one who held us back so long. His stubbornness and arrogance made him believe that we could get by with scrubs and 3rd rate FA pickups. I don't miss that sh!+ at all.

Funny how that works. lol Again I think that ties back to Fishbag.

5. JCBRAVE

Oh yea it was definitely Fisher who held us back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

I wouldnt say holding back. It was kinda like the movie , The Replacements, when the old coach comes back but demands to have control of his team and all that. Same with fisher im sure, he prob said, if im going to continue to coach here, and since i led us to a near SB win, i want control of this teams transactions thru me. He didnt want to bring in high egoed players or big name free agents. He wanted to build thru the draft and pick players who wouldnt cause a fight in the lockeroom. Either way, that style of picking a team doesnt work anymore specially when its a running team. Name the last team who won the SB based on their running game leading them to the win.. So Lets say Stubborn

7. JCBRAVE

Fisher was one of the WORST coaches at evaluating talent, that man shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an NFL team. Rams fans have no idea what they're in for, but F em.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Saturday night, I was driving around listening to the zone. One of the obnoxious d-bags on Fox Sports (the one that sounds like Krusty the Klown) said, and I quote...

"That franchise {the Titans} is in trouble. I think they will find that letting Jeff Fischer go was the worst mistake they could have made."

I almost swerved off the road in a rage. I sat on hold for 45 minutes to tell that guy what an idiot he is, but eventually I gave up.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

JF = Overrated. And I'm not even sure how he got that way. No SB rings, plays in a small market that most people don't care about. I really think that it was just because he was the "longest tenured" coach for awhile that people thought "14 years w/ the same team? He must be good." I am definitely more excited for the future now than I have ever been. No more wasting roster spots with washed up players, no more ultra conservative play calling, no more "loyalty" to the coaches/players.

The thing I like about this FO/coaching staff right now is that they seem like they know where they want the team to be in a few years, and they have laid down a plan to get there. The last few years it seemed like JF was just taking a lazy approach to the game. Just sign who ever was easiest to get in FA and hope the ball bounced our way a few times in the regular season. JF just got lucky that he would get a winning season here and there so Bud wouldn't fire him.

The Rams draft should be pretty entertaining.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

He drafted PacMan, Nickey, and Young. Two had very big egos and the two also were involved in multiple fights/legal issues.

The guy didn't even build through the draft well. Taking 4 ends in a draft and later 4 receivers is not building through the draft. It is grasping for straws and those two drafts are a very big reason why we were not successful for a number of years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar