I Am Legend

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Big TT, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. But the whole point is that Smith never said he believes that everyone is basically good. He simply said that people don't set out to do evil things, it just depends on their own idea of what is good. Maybe they think they are doing something they think is good for society or maybe they are simply doing something that is good for themselves.

Morality is just too subjective. 2 different people rarely agree on everything in terms of morality. Like Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Or like abortion. Or physician-assisted suicide. The list is nearly endless.

Everyone would basically agree that murder is wrong. But what if you had the chance to kill a known terrorist before he could strike? Or if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before he rose to power? Would that be good or evil?

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Starkiller, I think you're making extrapolations for will smith. I don't think he would argue, when asked about it, that some of the murderers described above had good intentions. You can add in a philosophy to justify anything, but that wasn't what he was saying.

However, it's kind of silly to argue that he's wrong, because he probably wouldn't try to argue about some of the examples given here.

3. I'm going by his quotes, but it's not like I can ask him myself. So yes, I'm extrapolating...

The point was that he merely said people didn't set out to do things for the sake of doing evil. Their plan was, in their minds, supposed to benefit someone (either others or themselves). He didn't say Hitler was good, only that his actions were designed in his mind to be beneficial.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This is a good intelligent debate btw.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes. What's it doing here? :brow:

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I believe Richard Rameriez did.

BTW, Will Smith is a Scientologist...

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

No he's not, he said that his beliefs are personal to him & that he doesn't & won't subscribe to any religion.

http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/20071208/8760/will-smith-i-prefer-my-own-beliefs-to-organised-religion/

Smith is also angry that he's been painted has a Hitler lover & has flatly denied he made those comments.Link

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

So, now he wants to create his own religion like L. Ron Hubbard did, and then keep it to himself...?
    Hollyweird...

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

TONIGHT! - I AM LEGEND for FREE!

[​IMG]

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I know...I still liked the movie....!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar