I Am Legend

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Big TT, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Childress, be prepared for a totally different story....

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Saw I Am Legend Sunday night. I didn't expect much and I was still disappointed. It was like watching a bad video game. The CGI creatures were just aweful. The Steve Buscemi character in Monster House was less cartoonish and more scary than these creatures.
    I understand that screenwriters will take liberties when tackling the book or original but this was ridiculous.. Apocalyptic dust storms were traded in for bad CGI zoo animals. The slow sad demise of Neville's family was traded for a -gulp- helicopter crash.
    Hollywood prefers big explosions over great stories and chiseled screen hunks over interesting characters and that is the case here yet again.
    And yes the ending sucked. Legend of what, to who? They changed the story so much the name didn't even apply anymore..

Rent The Omega Man for a superior version of Legend or tune in this Saturday for the original and closest to the book version The Last Man On Earth

[​IMG]

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I watched it before and really liked it.

4. reo

reo Starter

I saw it. from what i hear its no where near the original story but that's not really a bad thing from what i hear about the original story.

It was decent, watchable and entertaining. It wasn't great and imo seemed slightly anti-climatic, probably b/c i was waiting for a long trek out of the city to somewhere else (ala 28 days) so the ending seemed to come suddenly to me... but it was still a decent movie and entertaining. Will Smith movies are usually about like that imo. Good for entertainment but not great otherwise. He's got a few movies that are better than that though. I do really like him as an actor though.

Only 1 part I really didn't like about it but i won't go too far into it so as not to spoil it for anyone... its not like the part was unexpected... I just didn't like it :) lol

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Will Smith is a Hitler apologist...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

huh?

7. Hoffa

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How could any thing take that as praising Hitler?

9. Hoffa

I don't know. I never said he praised Hitler, only that he was a Hitler apologist.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not saying you were, just making a general comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar