i am convinced Tennessean.com reads what we write...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

It also allows them not to bother thinking for themselves. If they can get all their ideas, bylines, and even statements from fan boards, they can write a column in five minutes and then have the rest of the day to do what they do best-nothing. I mean, who are those 'some' who have said....? Why, us, of course! Oh wait, they could be sitting in sports bars, listening in on conversations from the tables around them. :hmm:

2. low0r

low0r Camp Fodder

I too have thought on numerous occasions that they do.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it doesn't take a rocket scientist, or a researching journalist to figure out that Rod Hood > Nick Harper

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Guys... we are not the only ones who realize these things... a lot of writers do as well, it is just whether or not they choose to write about them or not.. however, yes some writers do some around these boards and see what the fans have to say... sometimes some of our very own posters get mentioned in various chats and what not, as do some from over at Titanscentral

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, I'd also bet that most sports writers are also POSTING on the forums.

:)

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Buddy of mine did a media relations internship for the Philadelphia Eagles. I know for a fact that they keep up with message boards. They may not be posting on the boards, but they are definitely lurking. TJ, didn't you do an email interview with Larry Stone? I think its safe to say he atleast KNOWs about the message board.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

They stole my double beat stat from last year, of course I was on it from week 2 they did not clue in till about midway thru the season

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah. We have had interviews with him, Paul Kuharsky, John Dwyer, John McClain among others. Jim Wyatt allowed us to publish some excerpts from his book a few years back.

I assume most know of the site. Dunno how many come by. Most have made themselves much more accessible by publishing email addresses. I'm sure many get plenty of fan mail which keeps them in touch with what fans are thinking, or, they listen in on sports talk stations.

I don't think people who cover, write, talk about the Titans on a daily basis would be interested in posting but maybe a few do.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

thats actually pretty cool. that'd be cool if they could post up stuff and we can debate it with them; insider info is always welcome - paul, jim and george usually write pretty good stuff about the team

in light of what was said, lets try to improve these boards. i doubt anyone will read this but lets try to like post something relevant to the last couple posts - don't just fill up forum pages with one liners already said. try to keep a discussion going i guess...put some one liners in it...but take the time to read some of the thread before posting.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Who is to say you don't already? The anonymity the internet creates is a good thing. Even if I was sounding off against one of these guys, I would rather it stay anonymous. You just never know who is reading and who you are talking too.

For example, I know for a fact that a lot of important people use social media today. There are some very famous redditors over at Reddit (and Digg too)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar