i am convinced Tennessean.com reads what we write...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

time and time again they keep bringing up things that we have heavily debated in this forum. (sure maybe b/c we debate every little thing) but nonethless here is the latest case

"The Titans played with fire when they opted to rely on rookie cornerbacks, and they got burned. The past two Sundays they rolled the dice by deactivating veteran Rod Hood. Some make the argument he should be playing instead of Nick Harper. If nothing else, the Titans should be dressing Hood just to show their appreciation for how he bailed them out of a crisis situation last month." - george walker

i too am in full support of such a decision. and ive said it more than once...really the only justifiable reason fisher has for not starting him is trying to keep him under tabs...anything other than that (ie like harper is better) is completely B.S.

does anyone else really thing the media checks out boards?

2. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Under tabs as in...........keep his value hidden?

I dunno if that would be a real reason to not start him in the Colt's game.
    If that game was won we'd still be in a hefty chance for playoff hopes so....it must be something else because even tho the Fish can be a Fishstick sometimes even he has to realize you play the best chance players you got if you are sitll in the runnings.

I once even heard that someone said he was hurt? Any truth to that?

Wasn't he in street clothes @ the Colt game?

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I saw that this morning and thought FINALLY someone said it.

On Fisher's show last week they brought it up and Fisher stared at the camera and said Hood had shown he has a future with this team. Really? That's why he is sitting around on the bench huh?

I realize Hood may not be a huge step up from Harper, but the way he played in those games I sure didn't miss Harper one bit. I never saw us getting torched on one side of the ball like we do when 20 is in the game.

I personally think its a slap in Hood's face to deactivate him the way they have. He needs to be on the field.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd say most writers use the internet to keep up with what fans are saying, and it gives them a more balanced view than just they themselves writing on a certain topic.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sure. Any decent journalist is going to write on topics the fans are interested in. One way to do that is spend some time visiting forums and listening to talk radio.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think it makes their job easier, and who doesn't like that, plus were interested to hear ourselves, so it all works. I think locally most writers/broadcasters would do it. I think nationally, there are a few announcers who seem to read the forums, but most don't seem as in tune with the forums. Occasionally something just really jumps out at you and you know they got that out of a forum.

In the latest Star Trek Movie, The image of the Enterprise being built on earth was done by a fan, someone saw it, and they said that would look cool in the movie. And there it was.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Writers do check out internet blogs, and message boards. TitanJeff does a nice job making goTitans a reputable fan site, writers can use for their pieces they publish. If I were a full time sports writer I'd defiantly poke around this site for the unspoken truth on the Titans. Our words here are more likely to keep someones job for them, than going by what Jeff Fisher says.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm sure writers check in on occassion, but mostly, these kinds of issues are the questions that everyone is debating, not just people on these forums. These are just the ones where they are recorded and available to the public.

I definitely have to laugh at the idea that there is secret hidden titans truth coming out on this forum, and that we're a better source for information for a journalist than Fisher's press conferences, or the idea that our debates have any effect on who makes or stays on the team.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I've been a Harper supporter up until this last week, yeah, I'll admit he sucks. But Rod Hood is god awful...

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar