Hutch is a Viking based upon one clause

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

There appears to be a clause in Hutchinson contract that says

If he is not the highest paid Lineman on the team--The entire contract becomes gaurenteed at nearly 50 million.

With Walter Jones on Seattle, immediately Hutchinsons ENTIRE contract becomes gaurenteed.

If this is the case, Minnesota OWNED Seattle.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Yes, Adam Schefter (sp?) mentioned this on the NFL Network last night. I thought these types of bonuses were not allowed (bonuses intentionally and specifically designed to be punitive to a restricted free agent's original team).

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hang on, I am confused?

If Hutchinson is not the highest paid on the team (which team, Seattle or Minnesota?) he is gauranteed at $50 mill.

How does that mean Minnesota owned Seattle?

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I think the clause is that if Hutchinson isn't the highest paid o-lineman on the team most of the contract gets gaurenteed. Which in effect means Seattle, having Walter Jones, would have to fork out a 50 million dollar signing bonus for Hutchinson if they wanted to match

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

because Walter Jones is Sea highest paid OL............if sea matches they have to guarrantee the whole deal.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ohhhh, so in order for Seattle to get Hutchinson back, they have to match the exact contract? I didn't know that. Makes sense now.

And you are right, Minnesota bent Seattle over on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar