Hurry Up and Wait on a Fisher Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You can always rest assured, it the Titans need a defensive stop in the 4th quarter to win the game,
    they won't get it.
    The other team marches down field at will.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You continue to not answer a very simple question. ;)

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. I have no idea? Did he? Is there an answer to the question? I thought it was more of a ponder.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Or maybe the opponents just figured it out, and then we're back to the crux of the Schwartz/Fisher criticism: the unwillingness or inability to change even when something is clearly broken.

5. TitanJeff

So you are telling me you don't know if the scheme which created a top 10 defense in '02 and the #1 run D in '03 has changed or not?

How can you blame the scheme if you don't know if it's changed?

6. TitanJeff

Was it broken in '02 or '03?

Funny how it took a ton of injuries in '04 and a cap purge in '05 for teams to "figure out" the potent Schwartz scheme.

Next I'll guess we'll hear how superior talent overcame a bad scheme back in '02 and '03 and everyone from Fisher, Schwartz, on down to the defensive position coaches are clueless.

7. Deuce Wayne

I have no idea if his scheme changed from then to now. It doesn't really matter any. Point is - his scheme sucks now. Is that simple enough? Sorry if you and Schwartz are buds.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Amazing the things you do when you have no idea.

9. Deuce Wayne

Uh. Yeah. Sure is amazing Gunny. I'm glad you keep my wiener such close company.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No, I think the scheme has been about the same. I think the problem is the scheme's predictability.

I'm sure most people here have visited fireschwartz.com. That website sums up my thoughts in general about schwartz and the Titans D.

I do think, in general, the Titans defensive talent isn't as strong as it was in 02' and 03'. Maybe, with more talent, the schwartz system could get them back to 10th-15th in the NFL. And that's not great.

But the current Defensive talent level is not the worst in the league. And although Hill, Lamont, and the Defensive line in general killed games for the Titans last year, it's pretty hard not to place a lot of blame at Schwartz, right?

Pacman, Hope, Bulluck are all top NFL D players. KVB and Thornton are good. With those 5 players, the Titans should not have been last in the league in D. Like The Gloat said, you don't need 10 pro-bowlers, or 10 players that are way above average to be succesful.

This year: Hope, Bulluck, KVB, Thornton, Griffin, Harper, Haynesworth. 7 players that can be "good". I don't see the excuses with these players (unless crazy injuries occur) that the Titans should be the worst Defense in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar