Hurry Up and Wait on a Fisher Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And a #32 defense with 4 pro-bowl caliber players + Thornton + Haynesworth says what about the coaching???

6 of 11 men on the field are capable of doing big things. Think about it, k?kthanx

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

schwartz needs to go or change is philosophy..(whatever that may be)

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pro Bowl calibre is immaterial if they are not playing at that level.

KVB didn't or couldn't due to double/triple teams and a crappy D-Line. Haynesworth was gone 5 games. Thornton was injured half the season. Hope had to deal with Lamont Thompsons atrocities.

Then you have the other players - Hill, Sirmon, Odom/LaBoy, Thompson and then the Defensive Co-ordinator is Schwartz.

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

thornton didnt miss half the season though he did play... he played in every game..

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff..

I agree with your last post but before you brought up this perception that fisher worked miracles in getting us to 8-8. Maybe not your opinion but that perception does exist.

I have no problem with us committing to fisher long term but i totally disagree with those who say that he is indespensible..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Has the game passes him by?

I disagree with those who say fisher has some throwback approach to the game that is outdated. He is just too narrow minded sometimes and that has no expiration date on it.

On one hand he has a young DC who can't produce a quality defense. On the other side is chow an older guy who was considered cutting edge while at USC. I don't see this formula that once worked and is now outdated. What is that?

And many of us would love a more retro defense that attacks people like we did in 99. Don't most of us long for that kind of defense again? The buddy ryan 46?

The nfl is trendy and when a team is successful with something everyone wants to duplicate it. Proof how little they all seem to know. Fisher is not trendy and i like that. But he is also too narrow to let a bunch of hick fans(us) tell him who his damn Dc will be.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not many excuses you can make when you have at least 6 good/great defensive players on the team Gunny. I know, it hurts you to admit it, but why is Schwartz the D coordinator?
    Fisher thinks he's doing a good job.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why would it hurt me to admit it?

I can't stand Schwartz, and if Fisher has to go for Schwartz to go then I wouldn't mind it. But last years team wasn't 8 - 8 quality.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Six? Do tell.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No question about it..

Our defensive personnel was much better than the on field result. We were 17th in total defense in 05 with 2 rookie corners and 2 starters coming off knee surgery. Last year we add hope, thornton and smith and our corners were not rookies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar