Hurry Up and Wait on a Fisher Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Then bye bye JF unless we make playoffs.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

What would you be willing to pay him to stay here?
    What would Bill "The Spitter" Cowher ask to coach here?
    Which would you rather have?

On the other hand, Titan fans are tired of loosing. If we let Fisher go, we won't see a winning season for a long time. This is Fishers 'Plan' and it's still in the makings. Now we have to hand his half-acted plan over to a new coach?
    I would like to see Fisher signed for a few more years. He's one of the best coaches in the league, why take another step backwards? If we release him, he won't last long before he's coaching another team.
    It will be interesting watching NFL teams battle over Fisher Cowher.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You missed your dose today, didn't you?

:grrhee:

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Love Fish to death but no way I give him an extension unless we make the playoffs this year.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Absolutely Agree!
    :what:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not sure the contract value of the coach has any negative impact on you what have to spend on players

and yes, Jeff is (I mean will be) a hot topic
    Bud's best move might have been to see if he could get anything out of JJ for Fish and co. (on the sly -ya know :suspect: )

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Fisher has to change in order to stay. If it's his old way or the highway, he has to hit the highway. Much as I love 'em, he's got to step up and be the Head Coach.

Until he overplays himself and/ or loses his crap completely, I say us, Fisher and the Titans, still have unfinished business with the rest of the NFL.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It is foolish to wish him to go somewhere else if there is not someone better to replace him.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I like the guy, but all I can remember him doing when we were losing tons of games the last few years was making up bs excuses each week and saying "we will correct our mistakes and play better next week." I mean if there's a better head coach out there go for it but I think Fish will end up staying, even though VY is the real reason we started winning.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why would it be a long time before we see a winning season if we release Fisher? (to whomever said that) In all honesty, it's been talent rather than coaching that's carried this team to where it's been.
    When we were loaded with talent, we were making playoffs and big runs. When we had average talent, we were playing below average. Fish doesn't exactly get the most out of a mediocre roster, but this is probably mostly due to Jim Schwartz, a guy he refuses to let go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar