Hunter may sit against Steelers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

In Hunter's defense, most often a receiver who is drafted as highly as Hunter would be in a much different situation. The Titans have a very deep WR core. (MAN IT FEELS GOOD TO SAY THAT CONSIDERING OUR HISTORY!) Not many rookie WR's would beat out guys that are quality players that have been with the team for some time like the Titans have.
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Do not fret

[​IMG]
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Smoke screen, they are not only going to have 4 active receivers. Hunter will probably be out there on a few plays.
  4. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

Jez Hunter may even be behind Preston on depth chart?? Preston can play special teams ..

Rotoworld;
    "The Nashville Tennessean believes Titans second-round WR Justin Hunter could be a weekly inactive.
    Coach Mike Munchak said the team may dress just four receivers on game day. Tennessee's top four wideouts are Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, and Damian Williams. Hunter may even be behind Michael Preston because of Preston's special teams prowess. Hunter is well off the re-draft radar.
    Source: Nashville Tennessean
    Sep 06 - 5:48 AM PDT"
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I call Bull shlt on Munchak. This talk of only 4 WR's is a smokescreen so Pitt tells a DB to stay in bed.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

damn, you beat me to it :swear:
  7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I agree. I wanted us to bring in Isreal Idoniji and a vet CB but we did a lot this season. Our defense will improve if our offense can stay on the field and our young, talented front seven can all take a step forward, mostly Casey, Morgan, Ayers, and Brown.
  8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

This whole it takes time to develop is hogwash man how many great players who have sucked when they first started out and wound up being great?!?! That is just an excuse for a sorry ass player IMO.
  9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Derrick Mason only had 14 catches his rookie year, and only 47 total after his first three seasons. Then he went on to have 896 receptions after that.
  10. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

The only way the Titans dress just 4 receivers is if they plan to be very run heavy in the game.