Huber gets blown up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Huber should be fined.....first....HE'S A PUNTER.....second...as a PUNTER he is the first to know he should be checking his surroundings because that ST player was just licking his chops setting that one up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Pause this, going in between 8 and 9. The guy CLEARLY leads with his helmet. Plowing someone with the crown of your head, is not leverage. In fact, its a clear violation of a rule that almost every NFL fan knows. You simply cannot do it.

I get it, some people are upset over the "pussification of football", but no one can defend this "block", unless they really have not seen the slowed down video, or dont know about the rules in the NFL.

Im not going to get into a discussion about it after posting this video, because I am 100 percent right. There is nothing to argue here. (no, not taking shots at you Scarecrow, theres just nothing to argue after seeing the video)

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

eh, slowed down I think its debatable.

Regardless, they don't play the game slowed down. I think it is flag worthy, but not fine worthy. I think fines should be reserved for clear/intentional violations of the rules.

4. Alzarius

Tried to edit.. couldnt for some reason. During the 8-9 mark, when he makes contact, you can see his hands drawn into his chest, and his helmet make contact with the punters neck/facemask/area.

You can even tell when he starts to extend his arms if you watch them (which is after his helmet makes contact)

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm all for big hits- but blowing up a punter is cheap and a major b*tch move. This type of thing should be flagged just for that.

Just shove dude to the ground.

If your only chance to blow someone up is to nail a 160lb unaware punter- you're trash anyway.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Alzarius

I am not so sure if they could have caught that in real time. I can see why no flag was thrown.

However after reviewing it, I can actually see the fine being more justified than missing the call. Intentional or not, players are going to have to learn to not lead with their helmet.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

for real, forget the 'Not for Long' league, this is becoming the ***** football league...

--

back in the day, players only called for penalties when there was a SERIOUS infraction, now just like soccer, players are pointing left and right seemingly EVERY play looking for a flag... or faking injures.... or acting like prima-donas... this sport has changed so much and with all the EFF'in commercials now, I'm actually loosing interest (course if we start winning again, I'll be right back in it, but let me rant please)

8. Alzarius

Football sucks when the only team you care about sucks.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Outside of that- he clearly lead and hit with his helmet first.

Not really debatable.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The only bad thing is Huber broke his jaw and vertebrae.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar