How Would The Fisher Saga Unfold If...........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Ok so I was listening to 104 this morning and they talked about how terrible the NFC west is. They were forcasting that the (5-9) 49'ers will win their division and get into the playoffs.

Now with that said, with all the numbers and stats used over Jeff Fishers last 17 years as the means to dictate whether he is worthy to stay in Nashville or not, if the Tennessee Titans were in a division that is consistently as bad as the NFC West, would Jeff Fisher still be considered a great coach from the standpoint of getting into the playoffs with .500 or <.500 seasons? How would we feel about Fish if we had gotten into the playoffs the last three seasons but on (8-8) or (7-9) records

I personally would take getting into the playoffs with a .500 or less record as a joke if I was that team, it's kind of embarrassing because those players must be thinking "man, we don't deserve to get into the playoffs with our record."

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd be happy, because most of the time the best team doesn't win the Super Bowl. If we've got a ticket, then we have as good a shot as anyone in the playoffs. Look what the Jets did last year. Players do play different when it's all or nothing, see our game this past weekend for example. I don't care for stats much, so making it to the playoffs is the most important thing you can do in the regular season. Doesn't matter how you get there so long as you're there. Now making it just to make it sucks unless you something while you're there.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It doesn't matter what team from that division gets in, they're getting clobbered, whether they're 8-8 or 6-10. The talent in that division is like the Big East.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd rather be the laughing stock of the playoffs than the best of the teams that didn't make it.

5. Aqutis30

yea, but the question is how would you view Fish in this light if our team was getting into the playoffs with those records. See, we have been using his lackluster 17 years with 1 SB apperance and however many playoff apperances as a gauge to determine if he is worthy to continue on as our HC. So, if we was getting in right now at 8-8 or 7-9 would that change your opinion on keeping or letting go of Jeff Fisher?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd wear a Fisher t-shirt under every outfit I have if he made the playoffs 14 out of 17 seasons. Really I would.

7. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

hmmm mixed feelings

8. Aqutis30

I thought about it and I have to agree. Sometimes the best teams do lose. We should of never lost to Denver and Washington. Any football game can be won on any Sunday. I guess I should be more thankful if we got in on an 7-9 or 8-8 record.

9. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

If we were in the NFC west, we'd be hard pressed to find a better coach than Fisher. But we're in the AFC south, 8-8 each season just doesn't cut it when you have the Colts usually winning 10 or more games every year and the Jags breathing down our necks for the wildcard spot. The Texans are just the poor mans Titans. I don't think we'll have to worry about them until they get a better coach, which might be soon.

10. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

The answer to this question is NO! Unless we win the super bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar