How will Vince be used tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

He will be forced to play most of the game after KC gets taken out for the season, and collects his guaranteed salary.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

What, he's not the starter? ;)

3. i cant wait to see vince starting in a few weeks

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Sparingly I hope....otherwise it means we ain't getting it done with Collins...and I do not want to start hearing all the Collins/Volek crap if it doesn't go well in the first game.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Something tells me you're not alone. :brow:

6. Well...after the bye, perhaps he can get a few snaps ala trick plays...

7. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

How would he be used in trick plays?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

rcarie is right. Unless we have some kind of lead that is big, we won't see Vince at all. This is a game the coaches are going to try to win... I know that sounds silly, but putting Young in a tight game is dumb. If we are getting blown out Vince could play most of the fourth quarter. I'm hoping Collins is better than that. My expectations for Collins are not high.

Check this out... I could see Young winning the game somehow... Remember the playoff game vs. the Pats in the snow and cold? I Could see them sticking Vince in there in the final minute for a TD that wins the game... That's really out there. I don't really buy that myself but it almost makes sense. I do expect to see Young get work in games where we have a signifigant deficit. a.k.a trash time.

Volek got work like that against Minnesota in 2001 if I recall correctly. The Vikings really whooped us that day. In my mind they are trying to get Young in the game where their protocol for it dictates. It is important to Fisher to get Young the spot work. Afterall, Fisher is putting his future as a coach for the Titans in this "young" (<-- RollTide, that's a pun :kiss: ) man's hands. He will play it very cool. All things considered, in my mind, and in rcarie's mind... It doesn't look like Young is going to do much of anything. He might take a snap for a -2 yard rush. It's a design keeper play in a bunch formation, often referred to as "qb kneel". :winker:

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I hope he isn't used at all. I want Collins to stink it up by himself

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Are you ever happy E? :ha:

Anyway, I wouldn't expect more than a series or two; maybe a red-zone appearance. He ain't ready for a whole half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar