How will the "new" ownership respond?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Bottom line, the overall opinion of the fans is that the coaching staff needs to go.

Bud was always too loyal to the Oilers (can't blame him) and players from Texas.

I admire his loyalty to Munch and Matthews but it's time to scrap the coaching staff and concentrate on the Tennessee Titans football team first. The football team should be the first priority, not whether they played for the Oilers or are from Texas.

How will son-in-law handle what happened this season? Will he give Munch an extension or realize that Munch was a great player for many years, but not so great as a coach. Mediocrity should not be the acceptable norm.

Should be interesting to see what happens. It will be difficult to maintain fan support if this organization continues to accept mediocrity and seem to be ok with it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I predict more of the same.

Buckle up kids. We're the new Browns.... except they have a QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If I am correct, and I always am, I believe Munch is still under contract through next year......

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

I wouldn't be surprised if Munch was here next year.

Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't draft a QB and went RB in round 1.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be surprised if we finish 8-8 for the next 1000 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Bud passing was not good for this team at all.At least if he was here he'd be holding folks accountable.Sadly i feel like this ownership will be MIA as long as the stands are still mostly full on Sundays.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The best thing we can hope to happen is maybe Webster goes to ownership and lets them know this regime isn't working and remind them of Bud's wishes that they be let go if the playoffs weren't reached.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He's literally done NOTHING to warrant another year. Zero playoff appearances. Lost to the worst team in the league every year that he's been HC. And worst of all, this team has won a whopping 4 out of 15 divisional games during his tenure (likely will be 4 or 5 out of 18 by season's end).

I will be so, so, so pissed if Munch is back next year. That said, would I be surprised? Not one bit.

• High Five High Five x 6
  9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I won't be spending another dime on this team until change is made. I would normally drive down from ny to go to a game which costs me a lot of money in gas tolls food and a hotel stay but I am not coming down to watch this team and give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. When they make changes I will gladly reconsider that statement and come watch this football team. The Titans don't need to be perfect and win every game but I want to be shown EFFORT to get better!

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

IDK about that. Bud kept Fisher around for 17 seasons. Then went with an in-house position coach when it was (finally) time to hire a new HC. I'm as sad as anyone about Bud's passing. Had a ton of respect for that man. But IMHO he was a huge part of the problem with the culture of this organization. Too loyal. Too partial to coaches/players with Houston ties. Too accepting of mediocrity.

Sure the new ownership could be more of the same, or even much worse. But at the end of the day I'm just glad we're entering a new era, for better or worse. Bud wasn't getting it done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar