How Will OL Look in 2014?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, May 11, 2014.

?
  1. No Change. Lewan will ride the pine until there is an injury.

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Lewan at LG; move Levitre to C and Schwenke to the bench

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Lewan at RT; move Oher to LG and Schwenke to bench

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Lewan to RT and Oher to the bench

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  5. Lewan to LT and Roos to the bench or cut

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Other -- Not listed

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

But there is the rub.. They are still either using one of our 6 million dollar men, our or top draft pick as an injury substitute.

I know it's not a real possibility... But since they couldn't trade the draft pick in time this draft, I wish they could go ahead and trade lewan for a 1st next year. It's clear that Lewan was someone they liked, but he is the consolation prize.

2. nickmsmith

Oher as RT of the future??? He's already 27. In a few years, he will already be on the downslope of his career. I just can't buy that they spent 6 mil to have him sit on a "RT of the future" spot. I'd see them cutting him next year as a more likely scenario than that.

And I'm sure it's been said before. You don't draft a 1st rd T or pay 6 mil for a 27 year old free agent one for depth. If it was a 21 year old UDFA signed for under 1 million, I could agree with that.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The inside of the OL is set with Levitre-Schenke-Warmack.

You let the best 2 OTs start.

If we don't find a way to have an awesome jumbo package I will be upset. I think with Lewans quick feet you could line him up in the backfield and let him be the lead blocker.

Another play that would be interesting to run would be to have a 4WR set with Lewan lined up next to Locker in the shotgun position. This would certainly put the defense in their nickle or dime package. You have the outside guys go deep to get the safeties attention while the inside guys run slants to get the LBers attention. Then you have Lewan be the lead blocker for Locker on a draw play.

You can never have too many good OTs

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

You never know what could happen due to injuries. Injuries to your own players or injuries on other teams. Come mid-october if a team loses their LT to injury and we feel really good about how Lewan and Oher are playing then we could trade Roos. Save some cap money and get an extra pick in the 2015 draft.

5. nickmsmith

heck.. Give Lewan a number in the 40s or 80s, and call him a TE for a year.. viable Craig Stevens replacement! And just about as effective of a receiving threat! and can't be any worse at receiving than Taylor Thompson. lol.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think Lewan starts at RT this year.

On the Oher thing,

Worst case scenario, you pay him $6 million this year, have a dependable backup, and you get a year of working with him to decide if you think he's good enough to be your starter for 2015.

7. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

I think the writing is on the wall for Roos now, We'll free up that 6M....then we better start reinvesting in front loaded contracts to guys like Casey, Wright, potentially some other guys on D (Morgan/Ayers/Brown) and even potentially Locker if he pans out. We're going to need the cap flexibility, starting as soon as this season.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Differnce is the FO didn't plan on taking an OT when we signed Oher. Now the plans have changed ... and it not like 'the future' for the T position is that far away. It will either be sometime this year, or next year max. So him being 27 isn't a big deal.

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I just can't see Lewan coming in and sitting based on how high every scout is on the guy. He would be a day one starter for teams looking for a new LT so I see him getting on the LT or RT spot here. It is tough with all the money locked into the other guys but hopefully Lewan is as big as beast as everyone says he is. The other tackles are projected to come in and start right a way that are drafted that high so I think he'll be expected too as well.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't know where he fits into our plans but chance Warmack was picked up earlier in the draft and really sucked last year

just saying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar