How well did Rod Hood Play Today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd think you'd say DT first because you think we still miss Haynesworth. And that that scheme only works well with a big guy in the middle, but your wrong to want a DT first (unless it's Suh). Here's why;

I think Kearse is out, and same for KVB. Haye and Ford are ready to take over, and should. Both those guys are faster than KVB & Kearse so they don't need that middle dominance. KVB is only good if his neighbor is better, and that won't be the case in 2010. He should move on, opening the door to Ford. I'd also propose to move Jones to DE. So that takes care of the line.

The focus should and will be CB depth. I'd hate to draft a rookie CB to get burned for a month before learning the NFL. I'd like a first round talent to compete with a proven vet. You can never have enough good corners in this league where the 5th WR can't get you as bad as the 1st.

2. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

If we could take Harper's tackling ability and give it to hood or hood's ability to be around the play and give it top harper then we would be alright. Otherwise, we got to get a corner but we also have other needs.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You guys acting like Nick Harper can tackle might want to go back and watch the Dolphins and Colts game.

The guy face-planted. It was even worse than Hood's attempts. At least Hood touched one guy with his pads- Nick jumped in to the air. It was the worst thing I've seen in the NFL.

... and again, he covered much better.

After 2 weeks of doing nothing. I'll take it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Hood would have done better yesterday if he'd been left the starter while he was hot, instead of being deactivated and thrown back out there rusty...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Hood would have done better yesterday if he'd have been on the inactive list again.

If I didn't know better, I'd have said he was released by the Cardinals, Browns, and Bears all in the span of 1 year. But how could that be since he's so good...

Next year's starter will probably be Mouton or McCourty.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Yeah, because they've shown so much.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

My thoughts exactly! I'm still fuming over Fisher putting Harper back in and deactivating Hood when Hood was playing so well. I know we all expected Hood to come in yesterday and start where he left off, but I think that was unfair to expect after Hood not playing for 6 games.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Ideally, Mouton and McCourty step up and begin to show something but I hope the Titans are serious players in free agency if a talented CB is available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar