How was the defense today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Considering last season and Cecil's attempt at getting a defense together how was it today? Look different or much the same old with Fishers influence.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

A LOT less Fisherball. It was refreshing. I honestly believe this is what Cecil was trying to put in place last season and Fisher handcuffed him to an ultra conservative never blitz defense. Not anymore. Even Babin made plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

D-line was constantly in the backfield. Safeties (Griffin mainly) were flying around making plays. Hard to say whether it was due to a change in scheme or just players executing better (or the Raiders being garbage).

I didn't notice too much blitzing, to be honest.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I think the defense played great.. McFadden got a few underneath routes for a chunk of yards, but other than that, we were constantly man handling their offense line. They have a HUGE line and we handled them like they were High Schoolers. Very proud of the defense and the defensive play calling today.

Also, alot of their yards came in garbage time.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I've heard that somewhere before....

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

We softened up and got loose when we were up by 20+ points, but that's understandable. For the most part we had 6 guys swarming on tackles, and everyone was making plays. Griffin and Finny made some really beautiful tackles and hits, especially. Very good to see Griff looking like his old self - he even knocked away a TD pass. The D line absolutely shredded their O line, freeing plenty of lanes for the occasional blitz to be effective.

Maybe it's about the same scheme, and maybe the Raiders just stink that bad. But today this looked more like the 2000 defense than anything under Schwartz. They played with a ton more intensity than we've seen in the past few years, and they played as a solid unit top to bottom. Can't wait to get McGrath back and get more experience for McCourty, who was ok but was out of position to prevent the lone TD we gave up. I'm really pleased with what I saw.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It was good for the first half- then the typical "ok we're up by at least a touchdown" defense from Fisher & Co.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

They had to use 6 offensive linemen, btw. I'd say we were effective.

9. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

I thought the defense was flying to the ball really well. We blitzes some, more than usual. Our d tacklles were getting penetration. Only thing I didn't like was our d ends got up field too much and allowed cambell to scramble

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Dixon is dead next week. Seriously, he should give up football. Mendenhall is also a dead man.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar