How was bud adams wrong going after manning?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I get the threads we could have had super mario and it was problematic having the owner make a stance. But he wanted the money and we sure could have used him. Rest of your thoughts? We have better offensive weapons but a god awful D. Was Bud really wrong?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

More importantly I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE STARTED MANNING OVER RG3

3. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

We lost out on Manning because our defense is a joke. Seriously, who knows more football than Manning? He saw this coming and even with Manning what would our record be? Wins vs BUF, INDY, PIT, and DET. Dont say SD (manning usually plays horrible there, even this year he did for a half and our DEF wouldnt have kept us in it that long plus we couldnt stop their backup TE with 3 tds) We could say a lot too if Locker didnt get hurt. But I still support going after Manning because MARIO wanted too much $$$$$ and no way were we going to pay that.

4. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Oh to answer your question, NO BUD wasnt wrong by any means, I just wish he would have went for a super bowl earlier with how great our team were in 99-01

5. ImInLuck

ImInLuck Practice Squad

He wasn't.

Manning is great.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm still upset by it. Bud Adams needs to shut up, flip people off, and sign checks. That's it.

I'm glad we didn't get Mario Williams, he's so overrated because he was the #1 pick. Just like Suh. But, we did miss out on some other serious talent: Scott Wells, Chris Meyers, and Samson Satele to be specific.

7. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

With Peyton we could've won 11 games and then choked in the 1st payoff game

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Lets not get carried away and act like we'd be contenders with one of those centers ( we wouldn't get both) and Samson Satele. Sorry. Everyone wanted Mario and we were idiots for that, now its clear that he's not an answer for Buffalo. Bud was 100% right for going after Manning....It was probably the chris palmer playbook of success which scared him away.

Bud has tried to win...I'm not always sure where that image that he doesn't want to comes from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar