How to guarantee a BCS Nat'l Championship for your school.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Let's talk about this year.

The SEC has two teams in the final rankings above the best Big 10 team.

The SEC has the undefeated national champions, Alabama.

Florida beat undefeated Cinci in a blowout, so Florida's only loss was to the national champion.

Pretty easy to make an argument that the two best teams in the country are from the SEC.

Ohio State beat Oregon in the bowl, a team that lost to Boise State. It's very possible the best Big10 team is not as good as a WAC team.

Michigan State lost to Texas Tech. Northwestern lost to Auburn. Earlier someone mentioned those two as "good" big10 teams. Minnesota lost to Iowa State.

Penn State did beat LSU by 2 points. Wisconsin did beat Miami by 6 points.

So overall, the Big 10 was 3-3 in bowl games.

The SEC was 6-4 in bowl games.

So not only did the SEC have 4 more teams qualify for bowl games than the Big10, they actually have a better win percentage than the Big 10 in bowl games THIS YEAR.

In conclusion, again THIS YEAR, the SEC was the best conference in the country, and the big10 still sucks and isn't even close to the 2nd best conference in the country.

Thanks for playing. :)

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i take the same stance with the NFL as i do with college ball. The titans are in the AFC south. the worst record in their conference was 7-9 this year.... 3 years ago, the colts, jags, and titans made it to the playoffs. afc south took both wildcards out of the entire AFC.... i mean, that had to mean something to you as a titans fan. being successful in the AFC south is alot more impressive than in the afc west or pretty much anywhere else besides the nfc east. i hate the colts jags and the texans... but i still feel a since of pride in terms of how tough our division is.

same reason why ill tell my saints fans buddies that the NFC is soft. and that 7/9 latesst superbowl winners are from the AFC. (st louis over titans was 1 nfc team to win in the past decade :( ).

this same stance comes down college ball where i dont like Texas and i dont like Alabama... but id like to see the SEC represent. i mean, games are better when yu have at least something on the line. i dont give a damn about either of those teams really, but it comes down to having pride in your conference, because thats what represent your team

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The Big 10 was 4-3 in bowl games not 3-3. Hard to take you seriously when you don't even have your facts straight.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

same tired old debate

who cares?

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm surprised no one has brought up the blatent SEC referee bias towards Florida and bama?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, except the Giants...

other than that, I agree with your points. I've been proud that we've had a tough division. Hard to argue it's the toughest with the history of the Texans' though.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The big 10 had more schools in the top 16 at the end of the year than the SEC. IN A DOWN YEAR.

The 3rd best Big 10 school beat the SEC's 3rd best school.

Auburn only won due to Northwestern's ONLY kicker going out. If you watched- you know this.

Yeah- UNLESS you actually watched the National Championship game- when the entire nation other than SEC fans realized that Texas was better than Alabama, and ALMOST as good as Alabama even with their freshman QB that's never played.... speaks volumes.

So actually it's pretty easy to say that 2 top 3 teams are SEC teams- and that's it.

Ohio State beat Oregon in a bowl. And your down is "Oregon lost to Boise State"...seriously? And the only other team that beat Boise State was a top 5 team. And how many SEC schools was Oregon ranked ahead of at that time?....

And no, the Big 10 wasn't 3-3... it was 4-3. The SEC was 6-4... 2 of those games being ONLY due to key injuries (alabama and Auburn). With a fair game they're 4-4. Analyze.

In conclusion the best conference of the year was the PAC 10 or the SEC.

and then the Big 10... the conference you're struggling to argue against.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

again, pathetic that we rehash this again and again and again... a bit jealous are we?

Still waiting for someone else to win the NC ...

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So am I because if the SEC is the be all end all conference you all claim it is wouldn't more than 3 teams have won the national championship these last few years? And by the looks of it LSU hasn't been close to another NC game since they won theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar