How to guarantee a BCS Nat'l Championship for your school.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

LOL! The Tennessee Inmates or Tennessee Volunteers? All I know is the guys who are picking up the garbage on the highway always wear bright orange.

AAAAAYOOooOOOOoo!!!!

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Play Georgia, Florida, and Alabama every season forever and then talk to me.

Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State.... lol nice! What a conference, probably the 4th or 5th best in the nation.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What's wrong with Wisconsin, Northwestern and Michigan State? They played in better bowl games than Tennessee. Besides if your going to try to throw bad teams at me how about the Mississippi teams? Vanderbilt? South Carolina? Kentucky? Again quit using your conference as an excuse as to why Tennessee sucks. Apparently Florida and Alabama found ways to win in the SEC but you can't. Tennessee would have the same record in the Big 10 as they do in the SEC.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Vols definatly got some institutional problems, but still top 10 all time in football wins.

Tennessee has had down periods before, late 70s early 80s, but they bounced back and they will this time - IMO the Vols are already on their way back.

As for the ungrateful punks in the athletics department - kick them all out of school and let them hang with Adam Jones for all I care

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Play Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan every season forever and then talk to me.

This whole "we beat up on each other" thing is silly, when they play OOC opponents and stink it up all over the place. And those soooo tough teams end up getting beat in bowl games by teams like Utah, Michigan, etc.

The gap isn't that wide.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And it never ceases to amuse me how Alabama hating UT fans, think they HAVE to root for them in the championship, because since they're in the SEC- it makes themselves look better.

They're the only conference that has fans like that. Like they feel like winners if they suck, but some team from their conference wins. I don't get it.

Why does no one care which is the toughest division in the NFL? Why does no one make excuses about how they "beat each other up"? Usually, only bad conferences beat each other up.

7. Alex1939

Northwestern, a team that's been to 8 bowl games and never won a national title. Yeah that compares with UT, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn.

Wisconsin, a team with 11 bowl wins and no national championships. Yeah that compares well to Tennessee's 25 Bowl wins and 12 year old national title.

Michigan State, a team that's last legit national title came in the 60s and that has an amazing 7 bowl wins in it's history. Yeah, that compares to the SEC.

Tennessee and Alabama are in the top 5 of bowl appearances in the nation. Guess how many Big Ten teams... Zero.

Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia are in the top 7 of bowl victories. Guess how many Big Ten teams... One, Penn State.

The problem is Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Mich State are in the top half of the Big10, and as shown, they are garbage programs compared to the SEC.

I wish Tennessee could! I can't imagine what it would be like to be in the National Title picture every season even years with crappy players.

Deuce, Eddie... two of the great VY bashers proving again they know little to nothing about football. Maybe you guys should watch a real conference so you can get a clue about this game. If the SEC is too fast for you try the Big 12 or ACC. Really any other major conference is a step up from the Big Ten.

After that maybe you two will be smart enough about football to stop threads like "Tashard Choice is the best RB in the NFC" and "Vince Young suckorz!"

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Alex if you really think going back and looking at ancient history is a good way to prove your point then your more of a lost cause then I thought. I'll ask again, did you watch the bowl games this year? But if your just going to swing on the SEC nuts and not bother to even accept the fact that the SEC isn't the God conference of football then there's nothing more to discuss.

9. Alex1939

^

Yeah Eddy, cause 6/12 BCS Championships from the SEC isn't enough to prove the SEC is the best conference in the country.

Let's focus on mismatched bowl games, like #11 VTech vs. unranked Tennessee. Yeah Tennessee lost that one so the SEC sucks. Nice line of thinking Eddy.

Be happy with your Rose Bowl win that no one will remember. Bowl games are now glorified scrimmages compared to the only postseason game that matters.

You can go back to bashing Vince Young now. You the great accurate predictor of talent!

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Because the NFL has a playoff system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar