How to guarantee a BCS Nat'l Championship for your school.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Tennessee has the same number of BCS Championships that Ohio State does. :yes:

And Tennessee won their championship playing in the BEST CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

1. You haven't been relevant since hence the reason your swinging on Alabama's nuts right now.

2. OSU just won the Rose Bowl. What bowl did you just lose? Some bowl made up to accommodate the 6th best SEC team and 4th best ACC team?

3. OhioStomper

OhioStomper Practice Squad

LINK-SEC wasn't exactly what I would have called the best conference in the country.
    It's the same thing every year. Your team stinks so you ride the coattails of whatever team does make the show. It's a pretty shallow way to enjoy sports in my opinion. I heard people chanting S-E-C at the game on tv. Wth? Tells me that teams have no real fans. That's right. When you abandon YOUR team and root for the conference you lose your status as a fan. 12-0 or 0-12 I am a Buckeye fan. Period. If Michigan or Iowa won 37 straight championships and OSU never won another game I would be a Buckeye fan. A REAL FAN.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

^ If our team isn't in the championship, why is it abandoning our team? Should we just not watch the game at all? Did you watch it even though Ohio State wasn't playing? Were you rooting for Texas or Bama? Either way, since you weren't rooting for OSU or whoever you like, you must not be a real fan. :rolleyes:

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Boise State will have their shot next year. They are returning all their starters, will be ranking in the top 5 preseason, and have another mid-major schedule. If they can run the table and play Ohio State or Oklahoma for the title, they should be golden.

Really Erick, why are you so focused on the SEC schools that get into the title game? The Big 10 and Big 12 get the same preferential treatment. Is it because the SEC wins the big game every time? Shouldn't that tell you something?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Boise St. has nothing to complain about they got to play in a BCS game. I would love to have seen them play an Ohio State rather than a fellow mickey mouse team. Ohio State would have dominated and this bullcrap would be over.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bama won by 17 points and speculating what would have happened is stupid since Bama played flat in the third quarter thinking the game was already won.

If knocking mccoy out of the game is the recipe to beat Texas than why didn't everyone do it? Mccoy looked like chris johnson at times running the ball against big 12 schools. The first running play against Bama he got his clock cleaned.

And the bowl record? The sec won 6 bowl games! 6!

6 out of 8 or 75%. WTF are you talking about bowl games?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That is stupidass moronic. The SEC dominates and fans are proud of that. You saying that Tennessee fans who pack a 100,000+ stadium every game are not real fans?

Ohio State plays in a conference that has 11 teams but still calls itself the big ten. :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Must be easy to be an Ohio State fan when you play the cupcake Big10 schedule.

If only Tennessee's conference schedule was as easy, I'm sure we'd be in a BCS game nearly every season too.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

That's not the point. If OSU lost in a dumpy bowl game like Tennessee did and say Iowa won the National Championship we wouldn't be on here acting as if our team won a championship. Sure I'd root for Iowa but I'm not going to get on here and be like "Big 10 were the best Iowa won whooooo! Everyone else sucks!" That's what he was saying.

But when you have fans of a LOSER team like Tennessee talk down to other fans it's just idiotic. Just because Alabama won the championship doesn't give Tennessee fans ANY right to smack talk... at all.

Yea Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State (who beat an SEC team), and even Northwestern, Michigan State and Minnesota all very horrible teams. We had a terrible bowl season. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar