How to guarantee a BCS Nat'l Championship for your school.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How to win a BCS championship.

Play in the best conference in the country and win all your games.

FYI florida would own any other team other than BAMA. Florida would beat Boise State just like they beat Cincy.

Nice post Eric...:rolleyes:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The WAC is not much more than the sunbelt conference.

Your whole premise is pathetic:p and proven so by the results. Florida proved against Cincinnati that they are a powerhouse team and not over hyped. Bama proved they were the best by beating Florida and Texas.

Alabama wins:

Peach bowl winner V-Tech

Cotton Bowl winner Ole Miss

Outback Bowl winner Auburn

Liberty bowl winner Arkansas

Sugar bowl winner Florida

# 2 unbeaten Texas

LSU

Tennessee

I defy anybody to dare tell me what other team in college football could run the table against those 8 teams.

Nobody could!

:moon2:

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What is funny is back when the SEC went to a championship game format everybody said the SEC wouldn't be able to win a national championship but the opposite is true. Right from the start the SEC has dominated.

I don't put a huge amount of stock in what conferences win the most bowl games. Bowl games are nothing but glorified scrimmages that are for entertainment only. I do agree the SEC can be a little top heavy and probably isn't much different from other conferences like the big ten after you get past the top two or three teams but you can't ignore the top two or three teams are as good as anyone in the country and the SEC championship record proves it.

The SEC has won 8 out of 18 championship games and won the last 4 in a row. Also remember that Auburn finished 13-0 in 2004 but didn't get a chance to play in the championship game. The Big Ten's representation at the championship game has been laughable and they don't have that extra tough conference championship game.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Top heavy because they have by far the 2 best teams in the country? What is wrong with that?

And 3 different sec teams have won 5 titles in the last decade and Auburn went unbeaten in 2004 and finished 2nd. In 1998 UT won it all.

That's not top heavy. Ole miss won the cotton bowl and auburn and arkansas won their bowl games.

6 sec teams won their bowl games so i'm not sure what brain damage someone would have in saying the conference was over rated in anyway.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didn't say the SEC isn't the best.

I said they're overrated.

And extremely overrated at that.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

2 best teams in the country? Alabama, we can't really argue with simply because they beat the #2 (number 2...meaning, 2nd best. And that number 2 wasn't an SEC school).

But then again, they BARELY beat that #2 even with their rookie qb, and looked very well on their way to being blown out had the star qb stayed in. And that Texas team without McCoy may not even be top 10 caliber.

But Florida the 2nd best?... Not this year. They just couldn't get exposed playing teams like Chattanooga Tech, or whoever it was.

And I'm not saying the Big 10 is better, but even in an off year they had 4 teams finish in the top 16- better than any other conference.
    And the 3rd best Big 10 team beat the 3rd best SEC team (PSU vs LSU). Northwestern lost to Auburn due to their only kicker being injured (went to OT).

And the bowl records don't lie... not much of a gap at all.

If nothing else, I think the "SEC Speed" myth has been put to rest seeing every one of their 'big boy' teams get blazed by from guys out of conference.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

alabama played about as bad as possible vs texas for the first quarter, and it was still only 6-0. when colt mccoy went out and alabama took the lead.... they played fisherball, ultra conservative, and just pounded there way to a victory. if Mccoy doesnt go out, obviously the whole flow of the game changes and you really cant say what would of happened. but saying that alabama looked bad in beating a rookie QB is kinda dumb, because they did what they needed to do, and they obviously would have had a way different plan than if mccoy was still in

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Florida beat a team whos coach cut and run when he was offered a better job.

Alabama beat a team who's best player/leader of the team/winningest QB in college football histroy was injured before even throwing a few passes.

How can you say these two teams are the best when they beat two teams that we unable to put forth their best performance. Boise state beat TCU, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. They beat the NCAAs #1 defense on a neutral field without injuring their best player, watching their opponents coach cut and run, and won the game without questionable officiating.

What does Ric Flair always say?

[​IMG]

To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

... and Florida and Bama did neither. Boise State's win was much more impressive.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

[​IMG]

I give, this is useless.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It must be nice to be able from hop on one team to another when your own team can't even hold their own against Virginia Tech. Tennessee does nothing to make the SEC any better, in fact, the last few years they make the SEC worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar