How to guarantee a BCS Nat'l Championship for your school.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

1) Prop up your conference. Have all of the teams in your conference play atleast 4 cupcake games a season. I'm not talking about the halfway decent teams, I'm talking about 1-AA schools, and bottom feeders from the Sunbelt.

What does this amount to?
    Every decent team in your conference will get a bowl game by winning 2-3 conference games against your conferences bottom feeders.

2) Get a good preseason ranking. If you can convince the powers that be that you belong in the top 10, as long as you play cupcake teams and weak teams within your own conference and don't lose, no one can take away your ranking.

3) Play an overrated team that obtained their ranking because of last years success. I'm sure Florida was just as good as they were last year without 7 starters. I'm sure they deserved a preseason #1.

4) Have an equally touted program in your conference. Make sure you don't play them in the regular season, as that would destroy the aristocracy of the BCS. Play them in a game and make sure the media touts it as a: "National Championship Semi-Final"

5) Injure your opponents best player. On another note.. It's particularly helpful if they replace the opposing teams best player, with a guy who hasn't made a meaningful decision in his life since choosing which girl he was going to take to High School prom.

and voila, you have it... That is how you become a BCS National Champion. It really is THAT simple.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

How to guarantee a spot in a BCS bowl and make people who dont know any better think you are actually the best team in the country, play this schedule:

Oregon Won 19-8
    Sep 12 Miami (Ohio) Won 48-0
    Sep 18 @Fresno St. Won 51-34
    Sep 26 @Bowling Green Won 49-14
    Oct 3 UC Davis Won 34-16
    Oct 14 @Tulsa Won 28-21
    Oct 24 @Hawaii Won 54-9
    Oct 31 San Jose St. Won 45-7
    Nov 6 @Louisiana Tech Won 45-35
    Nov 14 Idaho Won 63-25
    Nov 20 @Utah St. Won 52-21
    Nov 27 Nevada Won 44-33
    Dec 5 New Mexico St. Won 42-7
    Jan 4 @TCU Won 17-10

3. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Boise State would lose to Florida, Alabama and Texas by 20+ points. Fact.

This is one of the worst posts I've seen. Are you saying that Alabama WOULDN'T run the table with Boise's schedule!?!!?!?!?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. World Peace

That's easy DBC... The WAC doesn't make all of their teams open up with Sunbelt and 1-AA teams to pad their W column for the first 4 games. All the WAC teams could make bowls if they played 1-AA teams for the first 4 games and just won 2 conference games against conference bottom feeders. I heard Alabama opens up against a feared WAC opponent next year. San Jose State!!

Boise state beat 4 bowl teams and an undefeated team that beat 6 bowl winners over the course of the season in the Fiesta Bowl. They didn't have to injure TCU's best player to beat them either. Checkmate

5. World Peace

SEC > Sun belt cupcake teams. Remember, John Crompton looked like John Elway against Western Kentucky.

6. World Peace

I'm saying SEC teams pad 33% of their schedule with cupcake teams to inflate the superiority of the conference. That's how University of Kentucky has went to Music City and Liberty bowls for the past 4 seasons. They play terrible 1-AA teams and Sunbelt teams so when they start conference play, they are undefeated and finish the season at 7-5 every year, thus making the conference seem much more difficult than it actually is.

The BCS system is nothing more than football fallacy.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

ur just a yankee bro

bcs is wack tho

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the SEC was 5-4 in bowls this year. average conference.

9. World Peace

3-4 if you take Florida and Alabama out of the equations. And they probably would have been 2-5 if Auburn didn't run into Northwestern's ONLY kicker and injure his ACL.

Ole Miss won their bowl game and Finished 9-4.. But 4 of those 9 wins came against Northern Arizona, UAB, South Eastern Louisiana (Isn't that where the waterboy movie was made?) and Memphis.

Arkansas went 8-5 and won their bowl game. They beat Missouri State, Eastern Michigan, Troy, and Texas A&M (Another team from a big conference that has cupcaked their way into a bowl game)

I will give the Georgia Bulldogs Credit. They had the most legit SEC schedule. They scheduled one cupcake, and that was Tennessee Tech and finished 8-5. Georgia might have had the toughest schedule in America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar