How to fix this mess of an OLine

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Most of our problems start up front on the O, IMO. So how would you address it going forward?

Would you try to blow it all up and start over? Leave it alone and hope it comes together while filling other needs? And 1 or 2 key pieces?

Basically, I think it is time that we just blow it up. You messed it up Webster, just admit to your mistake, and go out and fix it.

I think we keep Lewan, and let him man the LT position. Then we resign Roos to a cheapish deal (shouldn't be too hard) and let him battle Oher for the RT spot (should be an easy win for Roos) ... Cut Oher.

Cut Levitre and bring in a couple mid-level FAs to come compete for his opening.

Draft a quality G in the 2nd/3rd round. Make it an open competition between him and Warmack and the FA's for the 2 G spots ... DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SIT WARMACKS FAT ASS ON THE BENCH IF HE CAN'T BEAT OUT THE ROOKIE ... Hopefully, if given some real competition, Warmack will finally put in the work needed to play in the NFL and become what we expected.

Go out and sign the Best FA Center available ... I think we need a savvy vet to man the center of the line and provide some real leadership (which we are lacking). This worked before when we signed Mawai, I would be looking for a similar type of signing. We could look for our C of the future in subsequent drafts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Schwenke might not be an all-pro yet but he is not an issue.

oh how soon we forget a bad C

amanoblog[1].jpg

4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Lewan is the only one playing consistently like a pro. Oher and warmack continue to get beat. Center play has been spotty as well.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

eeeh

could be that the bar for C has been set so low I see mere competence as quality

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

We haven't had leadership on the line since we got rid of Mawae. It took about a half of a season, but he brought the worst O-Line in the league together to become one of the best. Anyone know if he is looking for a coaching job?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

his unionism is keeping his phone from ringing

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I sat by his parents MNF at Super Dome. They were really nice.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Gotta replace Oher 1st, Levitre 2nd this off-season IMO.. Schwenke & Warmack get another year IMO

10. amy

amy Starter

Could it be that leadership in the locker room is the problem? They may not fell inclined to pay attention to their coaches, but a fellow player who gets on their case on a daily basis and calls them out when they screw up could work wonders. Maybe we have no leaders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar