How to compete next year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

What has he done for that even to cross your mind?

2. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

He has gone for it on 4th down where Fisher would not have on many occasions, he has brought in great FA's and great coaches (jefferson, croom and williams). He seems like a stand up guy. He is also a HOF player, which earns players respect.

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

You called me spineless for hating on jake! Don't quit on your boy now hell be back next season for 3-4 games where he's good for a quarter or two! Lets bring on someone new or legitimate at least. Clearly Fitzpatrick thinks he's Vick

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

We titans fan do love drawing battle lines on our favorite players don't we?

Lol Vince CJ, those are really only two I can think of.

Everyone else the past 5 years has been pretty forgettable sadly.

Are there any megatrons in this draft that could fall to us? Lol

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Perhaps more creative dump offs and screens. That one screen by Wright where he ran out then quickly came back into the line for the screen was really nice.... It was like the first 'creative' screen I've seen from our team...

Also, CJ has had some really nice screen passes (think designed inside screens where the OL kinda leave the DL to run to the QB, not dump off screens), but they often get called back b/c receivers can't learn to NOT F'IN BLOCK IN THE BACK. Another problem is that we barely call those creative plays...

If you ask me, its really on the QB. Perhaps if Lock grew some and took some shots DOWNFIELD AND ACTUALLY HIT SOME, you know, beyond 10 yards, then YES, there would also definitely be more space. QBs get crazy dollar contracts for a reason, they completely change your team. People say there isn't talent on this team, but you insert an A-level QB now, and all of a sudden EVERYONE'S JOB IS SAFE AND BOTH OUR O AND D LOOK GOOD...

Again, there is much blame to go around. CJ should get some (not as much as everyone is giving him though), Dowell should get some too, Munch off course, but in the end, its back to Jake. I thought Dowell was holding Jake back. Early on Jake was making plays and it looked like he could do more. But really, I'm starting to think those games were flukes...

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

^^^

There's one flaw in that thought process; you're relying on Chris Johnson to catch the ball on the move. He can barely catch standing still.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i think mike adams is a serious baller but he gets alot of his stats on scramble plays from johnny football too but i like what he brings but i highly doubt we go wr in the first round again

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No Megatrons, but Sammy Watkins is legit.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Got to have a QB to throw the ball to Watkins though.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Murray in the second

He could get it done with Wright, Washinton, Williams, Hunter, Watkins, and Walker. Thats exactly what you want him to come into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar