How the....?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Sorry I don't consider him the steal of our franchises history. U honestly think he was a steal based on his current production?

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

hmm, 'dropped signifigantly' is relevant.

Just ask CJ.

Ringer is fine.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Who said anything about the steal of our franchise history? Or even a steal?

If he were to be given consistent touches he would be able to be classified as a steal. He was a workhorse at Michigan St; which caused many NFL teams to stay away from him..along with him not being particularly speedy.

It's been talked about several times on this forum the past few weeks...players that don't jump off the board with amazing speed or athletic ability but are just football players..as in they have a nose for the game. Ringer is a football player. Give him a starting job and a good o-line and he rushes for 1k. Give him the right offense and a great o-line, along with being in the right market, he could be a pro bowler.

4. theprizdfighter

Henry is a very good comparison. Nothing too flashy or quick...just a good, solid, hard runner who takes what is there and often gains more than what's there.

5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Yeah except Henry outweighs him by, oh only about 25 lbs. Ringer to me is a situational rusher at best. Sorry I just don't see him being good at all. I'd love him to, great personality and head on his shoulder, don't get me wrong.

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Sorry that's my bad I didn't provide the link in my last post. It stated Ringer was in consideration for being the Oiler/Titans steal of the franchise.

7. theprizdfighter

Only a comparison...more so in the style of running as in nothing flashy just good constant yards. Obviously they aren't the same back or size.

Edit: I wouldn't mind reading that article....obviously that writer doesn't know jack about the Titans.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

dropped significantly is just a fact. At least Ringer didn't go fetal multiple times a game.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake Scott gets put on that list simply cause no one sees him play. Put him somewhere with a high saturation of people and suddenly 10,000,000 people are agreeing with the majority here. And who really cares what some guy on B/R is saying.... Those articles are sometimes fun to read, but are mostly garbage. I honestly value threads jesse starts about as much as I do a B/R article.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Yeah, that bit u were commenting on though was taken from this post (below), give it a read through. I wont say it's out of context, but you could say context is missing.

----

I agree with fighter.

even if you were to discard the statistical evidence, i remember in CJ's good years, Ringer was more than effective. After D's would watch CJ successfully bounce around on them, they would freeze a bit, then we'd put in Ringer and he's run really well, consistently.

He reminds me a lot of Travis Henry when he was here, both in terms of stature (shorter and bulkier) and play (one cut burst/slasher). Just the type i'd want spelling CJ.

I wonder if he would add 10lbs though what would that do to his power. If he can keep his speed/agility then he and the team could really benefit.

And in the event he is a dud, who cares, from what i said before, next year we can find a really good and cheap RB anywhere from the 3rd - 7th round.

----

And i specifically said 10 (or 15 lbs) for reason, as i'd want him more in the mold of MJD/Ray Rice than Henry. Think its more suited for what the modern RB should be.

A 'change of pace' back doesn't have to be your 'Brandon Jacobs' type power back. the new found success associated with MJD/Ray built players is intriguing, and very different than CJs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar