How the....?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

credibility? bleacherreport has no more credibility than twitter.

Literally, it doesn't. I could go and guarentee a Titans superbowl on that sight right now.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I was on facebook the other day looking through some of my old HS friends profiles to see what they were doing now. I noticed one of them was a "featured NFL columnist" I was like "How the F did that guy get to write about the NFL". He is about 22yo with no reporting experience other than just watching ESPN. Come to find out it was for the bleacher report, and I was just like ohhhh that explains it hahaha ... I guess you gotta start out somewhere haha

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Twitter has a ton or credibility... Obviously depending on who's tweeting.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm not sure what ppl on this forum have seen Ringer do that makes a high percentage of our posters underrate Ringer.

No he isn't blazing quick or flashy, but if he got consistent touches....he would prove to be just that..a very consistent and reliable NFL back.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ringer is a serviceable number 2 back. He is not the best number 2 out there, but he will provide consistency without having to go out and address the position.

If we did go out and get another back, Jacobs is literally on the bottom of my entire list all players.

edit- where am i? I could have sworn I was in the Jacobs thread......*sigh*

6. theprizdfighter

Your right he is a serviceable #2, but that is only because he has never been given the chance to be a #1 and prob will never get that opportunity.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ringer doubled his career carries in 2011 and his production dropped significantly. He did at least prove he could catch a pass though.

I think he has solidified his position behind cris 'its only 1 year' Johnson

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

bleacher report's articles are consistently the worst on the internet. I'm surprised every time that the newest one i read is worse than the last.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. theprizdfighter

This is true. Ringer was lucky to avg 3 ypc behind a line that constantly made RBs fight just to make it back to the LOS.

Now lets look at some stats the way I want to show them.

2008 & 2009 were our last two years with a Pro Bowl caliber center.

CJ had two years with Mawae at center. With a high quality center CJ has not averaged less than 4.9 ypc for a season.
    Ringer's only year with Mawae his avg was 6 ypc on 8 touches. Yeah not many attempts...the following year when we replaced Mawae with a scrub center, Ringer's avg was 4.7 on 51 attempts and CJs was 4.3 on 316 attempts. I'm in no way attempting to show Ringer is better than CJ.

If we fix the Oline it will go a long way to fixing our running woes. Give us a high quality center and CJ may return to pro bowl form and Ringers production will swing back in the right direction.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I agree with fighter.

even if you were to discard the statistical evidence, i remember in CJ's good years, Ringer was more than effective. After D's would watch CJ successfully bounce around on them, they would freeze a bit, then we'd put in Ringer and he's run really well, consistently.

He reminds me a lot of Travis Henry when he was here, both in terms of stature (shorter and bulkier) and play (one cut burst/slasher). Just the type i'd want spelling CJ.

I wonder if he would add 10lbs though what would that do to his power. If he can keep his speed/agility then he and the team could really benefit.

And in the event he is a dud, who cares, from what i said before, next year we can find a really good and cheap RB anywhere from the 3rd - 7th round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar