How the Rams trade went down

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Interesting feature from Peter King today that goes inside the conversations between the Titans and Rams. No major revelations, but still interesting to read about how the two teams negotiated the deal.

Notably absent is any discussion of whether the Titans engaged in contract talks with any other teams. I imagine if they did, Robinson wouldn't put it out there. He doesn't want to screw a team like the Eagles if they tried to trade for #1 and are now trying to trade for #2.

Titans-Rams draft trade for No. 1 from inside each NFL franchise | The MMQB with Peter King

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That sounds like a good way to open our 30 for 30 in 10 years, with that story.

Just too bad Wayne Gretzky's 30 for 30 is already titled King Ransom

#2 JCBRAVE, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

About the crap-level writing I'd expect from King. I'm sure he wasn't really allowed to incorporate the juicy details, but he had to write something.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I had something strangely similar written out but chose not to bash the thread

but yea, someone was bound to take it there

5. TorontoTitanFan

What did you expect? He had the details on how they negotiated stuff like the comp pick 3 and the conditional 7th. That stuff is all new information.

Certainly won't win any Pulitzers for this, but the writing is what you'd expect from something like this.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nothing. Which is exactly what I said.

Not bashing the thread. Bashing the writing.

7. TorontoTitanFan

I'm not a King fan, either, but I've always found his writing to be fine.

In the world of online sportswriting, which includes places like Bleacher Report and FanSided, King's stuff is like 95th percentile. There is much, much worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar