How Soon Would Titans Give Up On CJ And Could It Be After Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

If it isn't blatantly obvious I don't know what to tell you, the O-line. We have by far and away the worst O-line in the league. We are 32nd in every rushing category, and the only thing keeping us from being worse is the lack of teams. The disparity between us and the 31st team is scary, and like he said, statistically this is the worst O-line in the past 15 years of the NFL.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I don't think there's even 1 person on this forum who thinks the only problem is the o-line.

3. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Not just according to CJ, but Munchak and the coaching staff, and even the O-line themselves. I don't think anyone would argue CJ is playing well or isn't adding to the problem. But he isn't the biggest issue concerning our run game.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I never intended to give the appearance that I thought you were logical. The premise that a third down back's body of work will improve with a heavier workload is itself quite illogical. Been plenty of examples of this over the years. There are examples of role backs seeming to outperform their respective feature backs now. I gave one example out of several because it's extreme. AP is regarded as the best back in the league.

Nonetheless, I would like to see Ringer more involved, as I would like to see more of Harper and Hall. I believe it may get defenses off balanced and I believe it will help CJ. My opinion anyway. Ringer is not doing any better than CJ currently however. That much is clear.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

EXACTLY!! Me saying this got me about 5 "it sucks" in this topic though. Go figure.

6. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

The real problem is, with MAYBE the exception of Hasslebeck, this entire team is dreadful. Players and coaches included. I don't think CJ is the biggest problem but can say that yes he is indeed part of the problem.

Grey's defense has looked like Cecil 2.0 the last 2 games, the receivers can't run routes or catch to save their life, the oline sucks, the running game sucks and offensive playing calling is unimaginative. And let us not forget Munchaks zero tolerance policy on the bonehead penalties. That turned out to be a total sham. Like I said, this entire team is the problem. Munch needs to acknowledge that and fix it.

7. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

im all for letting Cj take the back seat next game. ive been a cj supporter from day 1, and continued to support him throuhg his struggles. i still want to say they run ringer differently and ringer got his yards when we were down 50 so they were playing the pass, but lets see what someone can do. if the run game stays the same, you play CJ, if it changes with someone else, then so be it. but any ways...we do suck, and COME THE F*** on coaching staff, defense, hassellback, and CJ. D*** man

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

:suspect:

Ringer is our third down back? That's news to me.

Ringer is not doing any better than CJ? You say this on the day Ringer out gains CJ on 7 less carries. Ringer had 3 touches and out gained CJ by 13 yards.

Plus Ringer is way catchier than CJ...it has more of a ring to it.

Puns intended.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Honestly, I think Hasselbeck has been pretty bad the last couple games himself. Yeah, he doesn't have the best lot to work with, but he's had his fair share of WTF moments.

We give up on our blitzes every time we have trouble containing a runner. Then we end up giving up big pass plays.

Effing depressing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

That's why I said maybe. Hass isn't playing lights out but at least he looks like he wants to fix it. Can't say that about the other 52 guys on the team, or the coaching staff.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar