How Soon Would Titans Give Up On CJ And Could It Be After Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Loved Eddie George but the end eventually came.

Loved CJ too but it looks like the end is here.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yup, and Harvin, a WR, finds more success than Adrian Peterson on less carries. Sounds stupid? Sure does! Still lost on the concept of workload?

3. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

The money's gone, we're not getting that back.

That's why I don't understand why we're so persistant with him. We already took the hit. I get the idea of trying to get him on track, but come the F on. It's week 7. If it's not working, it's not working.

The problem with trading him I think is.... What team's going to want him after this season? I think we missed the boat on that. Should have just been like alright, you don't want to camp, we'll send you to another team's camp in the offseason. At that point he was still CJ2K- Top 2 RB in the league too. We could've gotten something nice for him. I don't see us getting more than a mid-round draft pick and an average replacement back now. I'd still take it.

Damn though... The Eagles just traded a very good and very underrated RB in the league for a seventh round draft pick because he wasn't working out in their system and they have a nice little rookie in Dion Lewis to bring up.

If we're not gonna play Harper, I would've liked to see us bring in Brown. He'd do well in this offense. He's a lot like Harper, just a more experienced and more polished version. I guess they're afraid of Harper screwing up. Making rookie mistakes. Fumbling and such. But I don't like that, that's sh!+ straight from the Jeff Fisher style of being 8-8. If you're gonna draft the kids, play them.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Not at all.

That is a completely different situation. They obviously use Harvin on the ground in the correct formation and find the right time to call that play. They effectively use Harvin as a role player running the ball (pstt...hint...something we should be doing with CJ).

If Percy had the same workload as AP obviously he would be no where near AP's stats.

Again this is just you mistakenly believing you know my logical thinking.

5. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Tennesse was reluctant to pull the trigger on Eddie George too.

But I understood that more. Eddie George was a God damned icon to some of us. Myself included. I truly think he's the greatest Titan in the history of the franchise. McNair included. He was the vocal leader. He never had any BS off the field. He showed up every game. He lead the team to a superbowl and deep into the playoffs multiple times. It was sad to watch Eddy George decay.

CJ really didn't do much for the TEAM. CJ did a lot for himself. He got his name in the record book and made a lot of the money. I'm sorry, I don't have the same connection with CJ as I did with Eddie. I cringed when I saw Eddie George constantly get one yard/two yard gains, and then see Chris Brown and Robert Holcombe dash across the field. I was almost the opposite lol, I was like "No let Eddie go, he'll get it together. He will".

I'm one of the biggest proponents of cutting CJ and moving on.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I was just looking up the o-line stats and we have the worst o-line in recorded nfl history (which is only the last 15 years for this o-line stats).

7. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

ATTENTION ATTENTION THERE IS A APB OUT ON THIS MAN, HE IS 5 FEET 11 INCHES 191 POUNDS IF FOUND ARREST HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

8. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

It's a lost cause man, people would rather blame the scapegoat than look at the real problem. I tried vehemently to show this in my other thread, and well, you saw how people responded to me. There is no RB who could have success behind this line, it has become absolutely pitiful watching them. At least Munchak is aware of the bigger part of the problem, we can only hope they make adjustments to at least get by until this problem can be addressed in the offseason.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

^ What is the real problem?

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

According to the CJ fanclub our only problem is the O-Line. Apparently, if they could just block better, then we would have the greatest run game of all time.

Of course, we had the same O-Line last year... and they all showed up for off-season... so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar