How Soon Would Titans Give Up On CJ And Could It Be After Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Lets say CJ shows no signs of improving at all or just gets worse.

Can Titans trade him next offseason or during draft?

I know they are on the hook for 25 or 30 million guaranteed but could another team take on that money if the Titans found a team willing to take him?

2. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Most of that guaranteed money was on the spot, his cap number is manageable enough to where they can trade him after the season if they really want to get rid of him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I guess it all depends on what other RB's do if they get a chance. If they look just as bad or worse than CJ then he'll prob be here for a while and they'll try to fix the line.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I can't imagine any scenario where CJ wouldn't be with the team in 2012, short of him dying or ending up in jail or something non-football related. He won't be traded this offseason and he won't be cut.

We're all stuck with him for at least one more season.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm sure there is a bad@zz Lawyer that could recoup the money we paid him.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

yeah... the guaranteed money is what hurt us... and works in his advantage...
    who knows... maybe he'll be back next year... with a full camp and what not.... i'd like to see him try to pull the same crap he's been pulling the past two offseasons....

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Now.

The time to give up on CJ is now. He's had plenty of chances against mediocre to pathetic defenses. He just sucks and doesn't care anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Now? lol. I'm all for trying different things and giving Ringer or Harper a start or two but until we see someone running successfully behind our line it would be very stupid to give up on him completely.

9. pettso

pettso Starter

I wish. No way it happens though. CJ will be a Titan for a while.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Seriously... if you were the coach of another team, would you want CJ? Unless you have absolutely not running back, I suppose...

If that were the case... I'd offer a stick of gum for the trade - at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar