How sold are you on Mariota?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 4, 2016.

?

How sold are you on Mariota?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2016.
  1. I'm convinced he will be a longterm elite QB.

44.3%
  2. I feel pretty real good that he will be a great QB.

42.6%
  3. I feel good, but I do have some real concerns.

13.0%
  4. I'm neutral, my concerns are middling to heavy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't like his chances, he is injury prone and will not work out.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Really bad, he is pretty real turrible leader and injury prone, next Jake Locker.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I am not really understanding the whole "garbage wide receivers" talk. Don't get me wrong, Wright is not a #1 and might not even be a #2, but he is a guy that can win in the slot. Dorial Green-Beckham has a TON of potential and could easily be the #1 in our offense. We could really use a perimeter receiver opposite him as our #2, however. Let DGB develop, he will be an absolute stud.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

He has the potential to be great.

Now, I've complained about us drafting players on potential, but this is different...

Players with potential in the past never reached it with this team... that was on that player.

Mariota's potential is on the TEAM to give him the weapons to reach it.

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I think it was the 3rd game of the year... but after seeing Mariota getting HAMMERED when he tried to run the ball, I am hoping that running is not something they game plan for him to do. Manuevering in the pocket will be fantastic though.

4. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I agree, use it only when necessary. Defenses still have to fear it and take it into consideration, but if I was the head coach, Mariota would probably never run the ball on a designed play.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

DGB will get better I do believe that. But Hunter and Kendall are nothing to Wright home about. :rimshot:

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I agree on Hunter. Now, the rule use to be that wide receivers really don't break out until year 3, so there is still a chance for Hunter but, I am not keeping my hopes up. Wright in injury prone, but he can be a really good #3 receiver.

7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Wright is not bad, not great, but just adequate and the best we have out of all the WRs. Sad but true. Yes, DGB has huge upside and potential but every game he makes so many mental errors that it hinders him being reliable. That's the difference between his rookie year vs the likes of Odell, Megatron, AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins, Julio etc. Those guys came in as rookies and were immediate impact players. DGB not so much.

Of the games I watched on TV this year, only the 1st game vs Bucs is where I saw our WRs get good separation from DBs. All the other games not so much as DBs were glued to all our guys stride for stride. It was like our WRs going against Revis, Norman, Sherman, Peterson weekly as every DB look like a shut down guy against us. I wished we had WRs like the Jags, two guys on the outside that absolutely can take over.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright can be a hell of a slot receiver but someone else has to be the solid #1. I think that DGB will put the work in and be great. That said I still don't think we should be content with the group we have now. Douglas is not better than Nate Washington. Wright hasn't played a full 16 game season. Hunter is a disappearing act. And the practice squad guys, gimme a break. Keep DGB, Kendall, Douglas. Sign a starting caliber WR in FA to push the rest of the guys.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

KW is injured so much I don't expect anything from him...and rarely am I disappointed.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

IMO..He has been a let down. Granted, he should be in the slot...but he is constantly tweaked, and doesn't show explosion or play making abilities often. We took the dude in the 1st, and he gives us less production than guys in the 3-4th rounds. Mariota, is a much better QB than he had previously, and he still didn't sell me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar