How much would you pay Devin Hester?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Actually yes because he could never last more than 2 or 3 games a season. Therefore if you don't play, you're a scrub.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

It would be about the dumbest thing ever to let Maraini go.

He has been sitting healthy at his house for almost a year, and is a pro bowler.

He will be extremely cheap to the point that there is virtually no risk in signing him. Not to mention we have a shortage of WRs anyway. Throw him in there with the new coaching staff and see what happens.

No sense wasting money on another 1 trick pony, just because he might take 1-2 punts to the house...

Mariani will give us astronomically more production per dollar.

Once again, only the GoTitans band of numb nuts would insist on screwing this up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

You might be 100% right, however, Mariani has NEVER shown he can play WR in the NFL.

I agree with you, cheap signing, why not do it... Worst case scenario we just cut him in the summer, he'll find a home in St Louis Im sure.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Sure he has. He played WR in college, he always played solid in scrub time in preseason. And Belicheater even used him at WR in the pro bowl.

He hasn't proven he can be a GOOD receiver, not at all. But he has shown he can play the position, which is reason enough to let him try again with a different staff.

I mean hell, our other coaching staff was desperate enough to stick Reynaud out there last year. Now there is a guy who has proven he definitely CAN'T play WR.

I see what your saying though, but the point remains the same: We know he is going to be cheap, and we know he is a decent returner. From a "bang for your buck" standpoint, it is a no brainer.

6. JCBRAVE

Ive never in my life seen Mariani separate from NFL level CB's. He's a huge question mark as a WR.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't even think he is a question mark at WR. He is a bum at WR.

His kick return prowess is the only reason he can sniff an NFL roster. His connection with Jeff Fisher is the only reason he ever got a shot at the NFL.But he definitely made the most of it.

Who knows how many people could have been successful in the NFL if they just had an inside connection.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

2012 was a freak broken leg and 2013 was the coaches decision. He could've came back. He's only been in the league 3 yrs.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I wouldnt pay anything for him. The returner will already be on the roster.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

So who is the returner already on the roster? Washington is a FA. I don't think you can count Mariani as the guy. Sure we could go with a rookie, but we've seen that go bad before.

Maybe we should go after Golden Tate...bring him back to Nashville. Drop Washington and have Wright, Hunter, and Tate as our top 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar